Author Topic: Value UK laptops  (Read 1870 times)

Offline rik

Value UK laptops
« on: March 22, 2014, 14:00:49 PM »
For anyone on a tight budget and would love a new laptop. It might be worth taking a look at this one. http://www.ebuyer.com/620311-hp-255-g1-laptop-h6q17ea
If you have anyone visiting soon, that would be prepared to bring it, it represents excellent value. Note that it's not in stock yet. They are taking pre-orders.
As you can see, the price is low because it has a Linux operating system. So no extra for Windows. Also it gives anyone a chance to put Windows 7 on, for those that dread the thought of Windows 8.
Obviously, at that price, it's at the bottom of the performance scale, but compared to some of the machines in use here, it would fly. And, also, it's new!!!! which in turn should mean reliable.
For anyone who hasn't heard of Ebuyer. I have been using them since 2002, when they were just computer suppliers. I would guess 95% of my computer purchases and parts have come from them, and generally speaking have proved to be excellent.

While the Maya cafe is being renovated, I'm at the Ceren Hotel, as usual on a Thursday from just after 11.00, if anyone wants to see me, although not next Thursday 27th, as there is a 3C's fashion show.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Value UK laptops
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 15:04:23 PM »
Good spot Rik I have used ebuyer for years never had problems.
Mark

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf