Author Topic: SGK Letter from January - do I need to go in?  (Read 3989 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
SGK Letter from January - do I need to go in?
« on: April 14, 2014, 14:56:53 PM »
I have searched but can't find anything definitive  :-\

We got back a couple of weeks ago and had to go to local Muhtar to pick up recorded letter from SGK which is dated January 13th.

It's the one that says "If you don't speak Turkish bring a guide with you"

I think it is the one that asks if your wife is receiving her pension but Gill won't be getting hers for another 15 years!!!

I am inclined to do nothing as my payments go through ok and are up to date and it is clear from Gill's passport that she is not of pensionable age - but I am a born worrier!

Neighbours say "the more you keep away from officialdom the better" and after rushing in to government buildings on each occasion for numerous things over the past 6 years I am beginning to think that maybe I should stay away?

I can tell them in Turkish that I am not getting a pension for 2 years and Gill will not be getting hers for 15 years but do we really need to go in and will I get away with my "passing Turkish" as opposed to fluent - especially when they talk very quickly  ;D

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline little jane

Re: SGK Letter from January - do I need to go in?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 16:26:01 PM »
hi ian the only letter we had which was sent registered post was about staying in or out of sgk we went down because we wanted to stay in and had to sign papers all done in 5min better to go in and sort whatever out for peace of mind

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 17:40:06 PM »
Ian, this IS the letter which tells you that if your spouse is receiving a UK Government pension they are no longer covered on your SGK contributions.

Check both your kimlik numbers on this site,  https://esgm.sgk.gov.tr/Esgm/

if she does not have her details there then they have taken her off and you need to go and get it sorted. 

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 18:08:49 PM »
LeeGlo - many thanks - we both have a record with our names in the top right hand corner of the site when I enter our details - so that makes me think Gill is still covered.

I might go into a "friendly" chemist around the corner tomorrow - just to check to be on the safe side.

Thank you for your help   :)

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 18:11:16 PM »
LiottelJane - thanks for your reply - we did get the letter for IN or OUT and had been in to sign to stay in in December so this must be the letter that LeeGlo is referring to about "pensions" - but I suspect we are still covered as our details are onn the system - thanks   :)

Offline janmack

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 14:09:35 PM »
I had completely forgotten about this!  I have been back to Antalya for a check up since getting that letter and didn't have any problems with SGK so I am inclined to leave it now, especially as both of us have quite a few years to go before receiving a pension anyway.  Like you Ian, up until now I have always gone immediately to government buildings when told to I had to sign things, but I really don't see the point to be honest.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »
Hi Janmack - just to let you know - we popped into a "local" chemist near to the devlet hospital and gave the man our 11 digit kimlik numbers - and politely asked him if he could check if we were both on the SGK system.

He did so and printed off a sheet for both of us with all of our details on and said there was no problem with my account or Gill's - just thought you might want to know?   :)

Offline Jack13

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 13:56:28 PM »
could I ask if ur both on state pensions? don't mean to be rude!

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 19:29:44 PM »
Jack - no problem - I am 63 in July and Gill is 52 so no pensions yet - 2 years for me and 13/14 for Gill   :)

Offline Jack13

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 21:23:39 PM »
thanks ian. as we are both in receipt of state pension we do have a problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf