Author Topic: Shaka becomes Mancero....  (Read 21998 times)

Offline Firo

Re: Shaka becomes Mancero....
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 14:52:35 PM »
Oh come on, would you compare prices of the local Harvester against a Gordon Ramsey restaurant, for example!
As I said in my previous post if you want low prices this won't be for you but if you want fine dining it will suit you.
Just compared a T.Bone steak in a bay side restaurant, in uk £32.50 in Mancero around £15!  50tl for a bottle of wine is only £14.50 ...
Even at those prices it's value for money and thank goodness we don't all like the same thing. Plenty of cheaper places around but you get what you pay for every where in the world..
Don't knock it until you have tried it and if you don't like the prices then move on to somewhere cheaper that will suit you and your wallet.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 15:51:21 PM »
In our opinion Shaka was one of the best restaurants in Fethiye, we walked passed the new Mancero the other day and they invited us in for coffee and a look around, I asked why a restaurant in the top 10% would shut down and change? because we want to be in the top 2% was the answer.

Good on them, we've booked for our anniversary next week. Reports and pictures to come.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 15:58:00 PM »
Oh come on, would you compare prices of the local Harvester against a Gordon Ramsey restaurant, for example!

Erm...it was quite obviously a joke Fi...

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 16:22:40 PM »
I loved the Shaka, went on Fi's recommendation a few years back and went back as much as possible after that, I will visit this when we are over, it sounds great, it's nice to have a place to go of this quality and prices for that menu seems very reasonable.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 16:25:20 PM »
I went with Fi & Eric (and a rough couple also from Wales) and I thought it was first class. Hoping it will stay the same now.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2014, 17:32:20 PM »
We loved the Shaka too.  Lovely place for a chilled out lunch.  Will give the new place a try.  Never mind if it costs a little more for good food and a lovely setting. 
Also, re the wine prices.  It's the same in the U.K. there is always a huge mark up on the price of wine.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2014, 18:13:12 PM »
We have many lovely memories of this place, starting from our first night arriving. It was always the nearest place to us, we were comfortable to go there for a late nibble/snack and bottle of ice cold wine.  Heady memories. . . We were always made to feel special and the food was lovely. Price-wise half price of UK. If it's only nearly as good we'd be happy. (ish )   ;)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2014, 18:22:19 PM »
We loved it too.  It's more expensive than some but you get what you pay for.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2014, 18:45:19 PM »
Some things in life do cost more, obviously. I think where we can all score is enjoying the expensive for what it is and enjoying the cheap for what that can offer too. I loved Shaka but lira for lira I love Frank Cannons just the same. Nothing different with hotels either - the Ece Saray was brilliant but at a fifth of the price we enjoyed the Manas Park equally.

Life is best enjoyed not by price but by value for money  ;)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2014, 19:40:11 PM »
how true scunno
 anyone know if the webcam is still operating at the restaurant

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf