Author Topic: Help please  (Read 5322 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Help please
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 23:16:07 PM »
Ok, its detected that Firefox is infected and blocking the outbound link.  Check your Firefox extensions (add-ons) to see if there are any you didnt install.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 23:17:04 PM »
Loz just one small thought - is your computer date & time correct? I got the cannot connect to the real www.google etc screen when my tablet was about a month out of time. Won't solve everything but worth mentioning.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 23:21:56 PM »
Date etc all correct,
the red warning comes up in all browsers, I rarely use IE and it is there, Sarfari firefox both rarely used and Chrome used mainly, so which ever browser I open the pop up comes and refers to the file for that browser, yet I can't see anything there, it is a nasty little chap. (yep being polite)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 23:29:37 PM »
It'll refer to the browser file because it is the browser thats opening up the malicious link.

Concentrate on extensions/add-ons and browser profiles. 

JF

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 23:58:23 PM »
I have tried and now going round in cirlcles, If I can get into seach I will look for a local techy and send it to hospital.  either thast or throw ikt out the window!!!! 

Thanks for trying though, it is appreciated.

Offline rik

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 22:29:27 PM »
Hi Loz
I was going to suggest you come and see me in Calis, but noticed you're in the UK.
Not heard of this one before. If you've not thrown it out of the window yet, download and run a little program called adwcleaner, probably best from a site like cnet, to make sure you get a genuine version. (you can't be too careful). It's very small and good at what it does. A word of caution, about trying various different programs that say they remove this and that. Stick to the well known ones. Whether they do the job or not is another matter, they all have strengths and weaknesses.
All this malware has unfortunately been invited onto your computer. This is usually the reason your normal protection doesn't pick it up.
Will be interested to know if you have any success.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 23:42:48 PM »
Thank you Rik for your offer, the offending article is not yet in computer heaven, it is in in computer hospital being operated on,  I hope it come out of intensive care very very soon.
I will keep the adwcleaner in mind..  I just find it strange that I found no trace of anything suspect in a folder.

Offline Evie

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 08:39:15 AM »
Why dont you contact mcaffee support? They may be able to remove it from remote computer

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 10:03:48 AM »
McAfee support? Are they still going? I am still awaiting their reply. The only reply so far is asking if I would like to spend more money on something I paid for thinking I was protected. I will await their reply.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 23:11:33 PM »
Computer is fixed, took days to sort, cost £60 but worth it.
Apparently McAfee did not pick up on the spyware or the virus, even though I paid for MF back in Dec/Jan it now has Kaspersky, 
Thanks to all for you help especially John F.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf