Author Topic: Mancero Tonight  (Read 8704 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Mancero Tonight
« on: July 17, 2014, 23:14:16 PM »
We had a nice meal tonight, unfortunately the waitress knocked a full jug of hot milk into my lap which soaked my shorts, she then ran away and acted as if nothing had happened, we were planning to go into Fethiye but my soggy, milky shorts prevented that. We asked for a discount considering our predicament, the response was "15 TL off the bill" needless to say, our night out in Fethiye was ruined, 

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Mancero Tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:16:09 AM »
The least you should have got is a ride home to change and back and a proper apology.
Mark

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:42:40 AM »
Did you speak to Ray? He seems to be their "customer complaints department". I'm surprised they treated you so shoddily George, I haven't been this year since it's been Mancero but always found it to be excellent when it was Shaka.
They do have their own facebook page, might be worth putting a comment on there.
Moral of the story, "always carry a spare pair of shorts! just in case"

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 07:46:00 AM »
No use crying over spilt milk . . .   ;)    ;) I'll get me coat.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 07:55:17 AM »
Very poor customer service and it could have been much worse if the milk had been hotter.If that had happened to my Turkish wife it would have cost them far more than 15tl.  :o

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 08:16:14 AM »
Awful customer service.  That would put me off going back to this place if this is how they treat their customers.

Offline busybee

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 08:28:17 AM »
We had a lovely evening there this week, the steaks were wonderful, huge and tender.  BUT I had the home made sausage.......don't bother ordering it.  One sausage, with onion gravy which was very tasty, but the honey and mustard mash was just a squiggle on the plate, like they do with chocolate sauce.  I asked if anything else came with it and they said no, but they did bring me a small dish of Mediterranean  vegetables. One dish to avoid, unless you have the appetite of a bird!!!

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 09:15:24 AM »
I did speak to Ray, he thought I had spilt the milk over myself as the young waitress who actually did it ran away faster than Usain Bolt, I wouldn't mind if it had been a little bit of milk but it was a full jug and they even had to exchange the seat I was sitting in.

I wouldn't mind, we didn't even want the bloody coffee, they insisted we had it on the house and when I asked for a discount in consideration of our spoilt evening in Fethiye, we were told that besides the 15 lira discount, the coffee was free!!

On the advice of Mark, both me and my friend ordered Fillet Steak, the waiter informed us that the fillet was "not good tonight" and we should order the sirloin, I told Ray how disappointed we were, he then said the fillet was fine but they only had three portions remaining, on the basis we only wanted two portions, we went ahead with our order.

The steak was delivered and even though being described as "eye fillet" both steaks steaks covered about a third of the dinner plate, they were obviously sirloins and not fillet, again I pointed this out to Ray (who must have been pretty sick of me by now) and his response was that they flatten the fillet which makes it appear larger than normal. To be honest, I was embarrassed and quite frankly insulted in front of my friend who just raised his eyes to the heavens at this point.

The meal was beautiful and yes, I may well return but I won't rush back, I hate being taken for a fool especially when I'm dining in possibly the areas most expensive restaurant.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 10:22:23 AM »
I'm always interested to know what would have been an acceptable outcome in these situations. What would have made the situation right for you George taking account that you weren't that happy with your steaks either.

I know what I would have done if I had been Ray. What do others think?

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »
There was any number of things I think they could of done, telling the truth about the steaks being the most important, the steak itself was beautiful, so why not tell the truth. Seeing how I was soaked through, they could of offered taxi home, we are only a 20 lira ride away, it's not the money but an understanding gesture would have been appreciated.

We finished the meal with a brandy for two people, again it might have been a once touch to offer those as a gesture.

I had promised to take our guests to the car cemetery and show them around the Pasapateur, these plans were spoiled and too be honest, the 15 lira discount (which I had to ask for) didn't really make feel better.

Anyway, nobody died or got hurt, you move on and live and learn.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf