Author Topic: Mancero Tonight  (Read 8703 times)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
Re: Mancero Tonight
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 13:38:35 PM »
Firstly,I would say that an apology from the waitress should have been offered.

Secondly, The steak issue is one thing I would have been very annoyed about, because if you order a fillet steak that is what you want!

Thirdly, Mancero's should have knocked your meal off the bill, as a goodwill gesture. And yes the brandies should have been complimentary.

It would appear that Mancero's customer service is not up to standard, and it only takes one bad evening (meal, experience, bad manners etc) for word to get around that it is not the place to go! Businesses know that Brits talk to each other about bad food/ service and if they wish to stay in business they should 'up their game' and listen to what the customer is saying.

This is just my opinion of course, and other folk may have a different slant on things.

Offline angela

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 14:45:27 PM »
Agreed, I would be livid if that was me, they must realise that no one can afford bad publicity so it's very surprising, and the telling fibs about the steaks is unforgivable. Would be a big fat never again from me!

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 17:06:44 PM »
I think the least they could do bearing in mind you had planned to continue your evening in Fethiye would have been to offered you transport home to change and then to be transported in to Fethiye to continue your night. And there should have been a good discount off your bill, you would maybe then be more inclined to forgive the accident, and sing their praises. Good job the milk wasn't boiling George, that could have been really nasty.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 19:05:22 PM »
I'm always interested to know what would have been an acceptable outcome in these situations. What would have made the situation right for you George taking account that you weren't that happy with your steaks either.

I know what I would have done if I had been Ray. What do others think?

And that is a perfect demonstration from Nichola of how to build and maintain a successful business!!  I have always admired how you respond to feedback Nichola and love how you are genuinely interested and willing to hear other's opinions.   (Hope that didn't sound patronising?  Just want to acknowledge what I consider to be  your excellent business skills)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 19:39:20 PM »
When I started my business with an Enterprise Allowance.  I had a mentor who was a retired business man.  He told me the Customer is always right, never argue, bite the bullet and be pleasant.  Always be interested in your customer and always remember customer's names they appreciate that.  He also told never ever discuss religion, or politics with customers as your views may be totally different to theirs.   This was so true when a couple with a young boy came into the shop and I ask the boy what he was getting for Christmas.  The mother turned on me and told me they were Jehovahs Witness's and did not believe in Christmas or Birthdays.  I was careful after that. 

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 19:44:04 PM »
I would be interested to know what Nicola would have done at the Mosaic if this event had happened there

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 19:47:29 PM »
I am sure I know.  She and Dogan are great hosts and if an accident had happened they would have acted in the correct way to help their customer in any way possible.   They don't have their No.1 Position or their great reputation for nothing. 

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 10:05:15 AM »
Golden rules in my opinion

1.   Apologise

2.   Take responsibility

3.   Thank them for the feedback; reassure that its welcomed as people often feel uncomfortable or anxious

4.   Offer to rectify, replace or offer an alternative of their choice

5.   Do not charge for said meal/s or replacement; this is a given and should not need to be asked for

6.   May or may not offer something complimentary to the whole party; depends on the situation

Do all of the above gracefully, politely and sincerely.

There are some grey areas of course. Sometimes people make the wrong choice for them. It isn’t necessarily that there is anything wrong with the meal it’s just not for them. In these cases most people will acknowledge this and say so. It is really important that the waiter team knows the meals on the menu and the ingredients so they can help people make informed decisions. The menu presentation and written content is a vital tool to help achieve this and it should always be possible to adjust meals and accompaniments accordingly to accommodate people's preferences and allergies.

You can't please all of the people all of the time but no where is perfect and mistakes do happen, regrettable of course but we are all human; its how you treat and respond to people that will be remembered and what they will tell everyone they know.

We have implemented many changes over the years due to feedback from people; often minor things but these can make all the difference. Constructive feedback is to be welcomed and worth its weight in gold    :)

This is just how we do things and not a comment or criticism on how or what others do.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 10:12:44 AM »
PS I saw the photo that Christine posted on Facebook of the Mancero Sesame Chicken salad and I will definitely be ordering that next time we go there; it looked beautiful :P

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 13:01:26 PM »
I saw that and am going to give this recipe a try, looks very simple
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=193046

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf