Author Topic: Italian restaurant at the seketurvhotel  (Read 3784 times)

Offline pstevens

Italian restaurant at the seketurvhotel
« on: July 26, 2014, 21:32:17 PM »
Has any one tried this new bar/ resaurant at the front the of the seketur hotel? We are staying there from the 28 aug any feed back would be usefoll thanks

Offline philrose

Re: Italian restaurant at the seketurvhotel
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 08:08:08 AM »
Not tried it but looking at their menu board I was not that impresed. The comment against the lasagne says "when available" , so not that much of an Italian resteraunt then....

Offline atinabay

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »
 We gave it a try after the lad assured me that they had an ITALIAN chef. I was impressed. Well, actually I didn't believe him but we went in anyway. Three of us with various meals... Verdict?.......... Edible. Just. Not outstanding. Definitely not ITALIAN..... They did try and I am a tolerant person whereas they are just trying to make a living, but by sticking the word ITALIAN in front of the word 'restaurant' does not make it an ITALIAN restaurant.......... I suppose though that around 25% of the public will be fooled by this as they have not been to a proper ITALIAN restaurant.................. And no, they don't have an ITALIAN chef.. They also did not have the lasagna that night, claiming that it is difficult to make and unless you have a high demand for it then it doesn't keep. Yeh, whatever. You need to stock it to sell it. End of.   Being magnanimous, I wish them every success though.
Oh well, being a real ITALIAN and a real ITALIAN chef myself, they never really stood any chance of getting a favorable  review from me did they?       ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:37:41 AM by atinabay »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 09:35:15 AM »
It used to be that the Chef was from Istanbul or from Hong Kong, in our local Calis restaurants,  not heard this for a while, nice to hear that the old stories have not died. 
With reference to the recent thread about Calis changing, here is one thing that has not changed.

Offline pstevens

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 13:06:46 PM »
Thanks to you all looks like we will give it a miss based on the reports ,or perhaps i should bring over  an aldi lasagne for them and perhaps some spaghetti as well just so they know what it looks like.

Offline dycedon

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 13:19:50 PM »
My wife and myself ate there in June time, I had ricotta and spinach pasta,my wife had a bolognese type dish, advertised as handmade pasta, which it probably was, my dish was excellent and my wife's dish was ok she said it was strong taste of nutmeg which kinda overpowered it, would we eat there again, yes probably would.

Offline atinabay

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 15:16:39 PM »
Thanks to you all looks like we will give it a miss based on the reports ,or perhaps i should bring over  an aldi lasagne for them and perhaps some spaghetti as well just so they know what it looks like.
Don't miss it because of reviews. Give it a try and judge for yourself. There's no guarantee that if you go elsewhere you might not be disappointed there..... Personally I will give anyone a try. (Unless there are really lots of strong adverse comments about a place.) My review was on a personal  and light hearted basis and everyone's tastes are different. It was not meant to be taken as a criticism. Just an endearing comment as Jacqui pointed out, that the chef is  'who you want it to be'.   .. It's Calis...... Multicultural eating center of the world with a diverse choice of restaurants and different cooking styles from an extensive array of fine chefs from all over the globe.......... Okay, well maybe that was a small exaggeration....However when your sitting in that sun and washing it all down with a cold drink it will feel that way.
I have been to recommended restaurants and not liked them and some that carried negative reviews I still go back to. That's part of the whole fun of it. Finding places to eat that suit you.   Enjoy!

Offline Christie

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 17:11:19 PM »
We haven't tried it but our friends went twice - he was really impressed with the fresh 'homemade' pasta, but unfortunately his Wife's first meal was not good - however they went a second time and both enjoyed it.   As other people have said you just have to bite the bullet and try some of these places yourself.   We have often recommended a place that we loved, only for friends to have a duff meal there ! 

Offline RobTT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 11:59:52 AM »
I think this restaurant has better and more authentic Italian food than both Casa di mamas and Bella Mamas. The ravioli with cheese I thought was very good. Very disappointed this year with Bella Mamas, not nearly as good as it used to be.

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 08:25:05 AM »
They do a mean Tiramisu

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf