Author Topic: Our Calis Chinese experience  (Read 10855 times)

Offline ribeye100

Our Calis Chinese experience
« on: September 01, 2014, 09:17:52 AM »
Went to Sercul 2 last night as we had friends leaving for the UK and fancied a Chinese, so there were 8 of us, the guy out the front touting offered free starters and the normal spiel of " if you don't like you don't pay " i take that statement with a pinch of salt. the free starters given was 2 small bowls of prawn crackers between 8 of us, However we all ordered and when the food arrived there was very little right with it, what should have been sweet and sour sauce on certain dishes was black bean sauce, what should have been Szechwan sauce was black bean sauce so inevitably everything was the same, we were told that this is what we ordered, on reflection we should have left then but we didn't due to shortage of time for our friends to get their transfers, the waiter then said to me, you have first mouthful, if you don't like we can talk, 2nd mouth full you pay, (nice attitude) from there on it just got worse, we didn't eat hardly any of the food supplied and when the waiter asked what was wrong we stated that the food given was not what was ordered, they basically called us liars and to pay the bill, at this point one of the waiters picked up my wives plate and flicked my wife's glass of red wine in the air to a point that it got her in the face and all down her dress and my shirt also, this was greeted with a smirk from all the waiters... this was about the final straw for me so asked to speak to the owner, who conveniently said he didn't speak any english but after saying we were not going to pay all the bill he managed to learn enough english to dispute my claims, while this was going on one of the waiters came up to me twice and shouted in my face "you will pay all F***ing bill" needless to say we didn't, I would strongly advise that this restaurant be given the widest birth possible as you don't have to go far to find better.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: Our Calis Chinese experience
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 09:33:25 AM »
We went to Serkul 2 twice in June this year, and the food was delicious, we had a dish of prawn crackers with sweet and our sauce, and one of the set menus, served hot and tasty.  I can only think you got them on a bad day, or perhaps 8 of you was more than they could handle (!!).  There is no excuse for the attitude of the staff, swearing, throwing wine at customers etc. is completely unacceptable, and the bad publicity generated is no way to run a restaurant.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:44:04 AM »
I'm shocked - we've been in there a few times as the food was lovely.  The food is almost irrelevant in this instance, that attitude is scary!

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:49:01 AM »
My god, that's terrible.... We used to go regularly and always enjoyed it, but a couple of people during. August said it wasn't as good as usual and staff attitude wasn't great.

Offline tails77

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 10:20:51 AM »
Shocked at the level of aggression in response to your issues about the food. This is not something I would like to experience on a night out with friends. It is amazing how the friendly gestures to entice you into the restaurants soon change, as you step inside in very subtle ways and as in your case led to unacceptable behavior from those running a so called business. Shameful!

Offline Ally B

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 10:54:53 AM »
 Is this the one Rushie works at .Or is he at Serkul 1

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 11:01:51 AM »
In certain areas, when people know they are wrong, attack is their chosen form of defense. Seen it too many times. I'd say I wouldn't go there because of what I am reading, but I can't imagine going for a Chinese on holiday anyway.

Plenty of other places to spend your hard earned at, ones that appreciate your choice of restaurant.

Offline billywiz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 11:27:11 AM »
We, me my wife and two teenage children, have visited Calis four times for our annual holiday and each time have made numerous visits to Serkul 2. On each occasion we have found the staff to be welcoming and generous and the food is some of the best the resort has to offer at extremely reasonable prices. The particular evening in discussion, with the red wine "incident", we were unfortunately a witness to. The waiters, as always,  were catering to every customers need with great care and on dealing with the table, one waiter accidently knocked the wine and in doing so splashed some over the clothing of two of the customers. The waiter was apologetic for the mistake, but this was clearly not acceptable, and what ensued was embarrassing for me and my family as well as other British customers to witness. We exchanged head shakes and sympathetic looks between other customers as we watched the proud owners and staff come under an unnecessary onslaught of aggression, which was only resolved by the owner giving money off the bill. The staff only became upset and hurt after being provocated and accused. The party of Londoner's were extremely intimidating towards the staff, and in my view you should expect to be treated as you treat others. We will have no hesitation in returning to Serkul 2!

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 11:39:42 AM »
billywiz

That's a remarkable first post off a "neutral " bystander

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 11:48:35 AM »
Especially as someone who is on holiday, how on Earth did you know the very next morning that it was written about on a forum you weren't (till today) a member of, that you then found, joined and replied to! All in a holiday morning's work :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf