Author Topic: Our Calis Chinese experience  (Read 10839 times)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Our Calis Chinese experience
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 20:21:24 PM »
You can...normally. Not sure how she managed that

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 20:41:40 PM »
Best way  I can put it  is, I think Serkul 1 is absolute crap, and Serkul 2 is just crap, that should bring in a few opinions.  ;)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 22:21:05 PM »
I  swear I only liked it once !!  :)

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 11:31:29 AM »
The party of Londoner's were extremely intimidating towards the staff, and in my view you should expect to be treated as you treat others.

Billywiz can you please explain why you felt the need to say that these people were Londoners and how do you know this for a fact? Does it have any relevant's to this situation of do you just not like people you think come from London?

I would be most interested to hear   ;)

PS As your forum user name is a nickname for a well known illigal drug where you on any this evening that allows you to know where people come from?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 11:51:09 AM »
I take it they spoke with that sort of accent. Is his version of events wrong if they were from Watford or somewhere other than London :D

Offline teetee

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 12:03:33 PM »
What sort of accent me old china!

No I was just curious why where they may or may not have come from was relevant to the subject. Personally if I was describing a situation I would not mention where I thought they may of come from unless it had anything to do with the subject. "The shop assistant had great trouble explaining to the Chinese man that they did not sell Rhino tusk in Boots Swansea"    ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 13:00:30 PM by teetee »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 12:07:51 PM »
Are you from London, teetee?  :)

And who is the Chinese mad, was he the waiter?

Offline teetee

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 13:09:01 PM »
Am I what would be described a Londoner although I currently reside in my country seat in Surrey   ;)

Mistake noted and corrected Scunner, but the Chinese mad was strangely not a thought when I picked and example unless it was  subconscious but could have been the waiter   ;)  ;)

Offline billywiz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 13:31:31 PM »
Tee tee, absolutely no relevance and certainly don't mind the London accent but I abore bad manners especially when they then post  on a message board saying they had been badly done to.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 18:19:18 PM »
We, me my wife and two teenage children, have visited Calis four times for our annual holiday and each time have made numerous visits to Serkul 2. On each occasion we have found the staff to be welcoming and generous and the food is some of the best the resort has to offer at extremely reasonable prices. The particular evening in discussion, with the red wine "incident", we were unfortunately a witness to. The waiters, as always,  were catering to every customers need with great care and on dealing with the table, one waiter accidently knocked the wine and in doing so splashed some over the clothing of two of the customers. The waiter was apologetic for the mistake, but this was clearly not acceptable, and what ensued was embarrassing for me and my family as well as other British customers to witness. We exchanged head shakes and sympathetic looks between other customers as we watched the proud owners and staff come under an unnecessary onslaught of aggression, which was only resolved by the owner giving money off the bill. The staff only became upset and hurt after being provocated and accused. The party of Londoner's were extremely intimidating towards the staff, and in my view you should expect to be treated as you treat others. We will have no hesitation in returning to Serkul 2!

Thought I was reading the into a 'period drama' there, rather overdid the elaborate rhetoric for me old chap!

"We exchanged head shakes and sympathetic looks between other customers as we watched the proud owners and staff come under an unnecessary onslaught of aggression,"

Here's what I think 'should' have happened whether the glass of red was merely accidently knocked over or, knocked over because of carelessness &/or the waiters irritability - Profuse apologies, offer to pay for dry cleaning (even that might not eradicate a stain from red wine), offer to replace the spilt drink, maybe even offer a whole bottle, offer reduction in price or possibly insist they won't accept any payment for the meals of the 2 people who were sat doused in red wine.

These people would then have thought 'what a wonderful place, they care about their customers experience with them' = big smiles all round, the rest of their 'large party' & them would probably have spent far more that evening, been in very good spirits, forgiven 2nd rate food & sung their praises to all they encountered......

Oh well! a bird in the hand......... will invariably ****e on you when you squeeze it's throat  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf