Author Topic: Mancero Kitchen , Fethiye - Review  (Read 7350 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Mancero Kitchen , Fethiye - Review
« on: November 02, 2014, 18:42:17 PM »
We visited Shaka two years ago with friends and really enjoyed it. This year our schedule for evening meals was long decided for 6 of the 7 nights (not a great planner but we have our traditions and places we go to with friends to fit in) so obviously that just left one evening to choose from all the hundreds of options. We decided to go and see if the new Shaka, Mancero was as good as some people say, or expensive and average as others have mentioned. Our friends booked us a table (not having a Turkish phone is a pain).

On arrival I was very impressed by the look of the place, what with it being under new management and over two years since we had seen it. Almost incredibly, they had reserved two tables for us - one outside by the water's edge, and one inside in case we preferred not to be outside! We chose outside, but as things turned out the ladies got a bit cold so we used both options    :)

First problem - couldn't connect to the internet. Impossible with teenage kids. We need to leave and find somewhere decent. Other tables complaining too. Waiter flippant, "Oooh, please work, internet!" was his solution.

Luckily our first problem was our last. Internet sorted, starters ordered, game on. The starters were beautiful - to eat and to look at. Such classy presentation. I'm not a huge fan of steak in Turkey (like my mate JH!!) - but for different reasons. I find the fillet often is excellent but there is a beef steak taste to much of the rest and it is a taste I don't enjoy and therefore rarely order. But I spotted the T bone and couldn't resist. Answer to the question "How do you like it" is UK +1. I love medium rare so +1 = medium. It came perfectly medium rare and was sensational. 3 ladies all thoroughly enjoyed their main courses too.

With not a stingy amount of beer/wine/soft drinks we paid the equivalent of £53 for the 4 of us - in a classy restaurant looking out on Fethiye bay. With service as it should be, not too distant, certainly not too familiar.

I would recommend Mancero Kitchen on the Fethiye Kordon to all. Thank the Lord we had one 'free' evening and chose here.

Offline micky mouse

Re: Mancero Kitchen , Fethiye - Review
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 19:48:34 PM »
Could not agree more, we had several evenings there over a period in October and could not fault the service or the food fantastic and long may it continue.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 20:15:39 PM »
We also love this place. Whatever it's name has been both excellent.  We spent our last night there and I decided to try a steak (for once) in Turkey. I ordered a fillet (small) med rare and M as usual  confidently ordered a sirloin. I was gobsmacked to have to admit to him that it was the best fillet I've eaten in years. Soft, tasty and sooo tender, it cut like soft butter.  It's going to be the first thing I order next time round hopefully. Also I need to tell Marggie (referring to an earlier post) that the Margarita was also the very BEST I've had anywhere! zzzz - Yay for Manceros. :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 20:57:41 PM »
We usually have lunch there and it is always lovely.  Never tried dinner as we sometimes cannot bothered moving from Calis in the evenings.   Highly recommend.
Lotty, you need to come to Scotland for steak.  We had two fillet steaks last night from our local Aberdeenshire Butcher. They had to be the best steaks we have every had.  So easy to cut and every piece eaten.   The one reason we don't have steak in Calis/Fethiye, we feel our Scottish Aberdeen Angus steak is the best and every piece is marked with exactly which place it came from.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 22:36:14 PM »
I shouldn't have thought they would sell many pieces marked as coming from the arse Jacqui.      :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 23:31:54 PM »
No,  Kevin, just like people who speak from that part of their body... If the cap fits??
Our Scottish meat is mark it from the farm it comes from in Scotland.  Not like the steak in Turkey which would be probably marked Poland or Germany... but who knows?   

Offline Marggie

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »
Good to read the reviews about their steaks. Liie many of you I tend to shy away from ordering steak in Turkey.  Glad you enjoyed your mojitos Lotty.

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 10:46:22 AM »
Why is steak in Scotland being discussed (yet again) when the thread is a review of Mancero Kitchen, Fethiye?  :o

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 10:48:22 AM »
When I lived in England I used to Aberdeen Angus steak 3 or 4 times a month. Trust me Jacqui it is not nearly as good as 90 day dry aged steak from Mancero !!!

Offline Fran

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 12:35:20 PM »
I have had the large fillet steak from Mancero, although its 28 days aged not 90. It was gorgeous, and I'm a big steak lover, as good as if not better than Aberdeen Angus. I had it cooked medium and it was perfect, still pink in the middle but no blood running out of it which I'm not fussed on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf