Author Topic: ArtyMar's blog: buying the dream  (Read 122702 times)

Offline quackers

Re: ArtyMar's blog: buying the dream
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2015, 05:38:43 AM »
A few showers some evenıngs Arty but stıll sunny and hot most of the tıme.Very pleasant weather.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2015, 16:48:45 PM »
See you soon, Arty!

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2015, 17:33:42 PM »
All being well see you next week.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2015, 19:50:36 PM »
Yay! See you soon, fellow witches!

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2015, 13:15:58 PM »
4 weeks and no bites...and it's hot.... Just spending 2 nights at Majesty Tuana  hotel in  Yaniklar all inclusive for our 41st Wedding Anniversary and I can highly recommend it to anyone...lurverly .. See you soon....

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2015, 18:32:12 PM »
You mean the mozzies have all gone to sleep and they're not having their usual feeding frenzy?
We celebrate our Golden in August.
See you at the Witches Coven on Monday 8 June 2 p.m.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2015, 14:18:36 PM »
and it's now 4.15 Turkish time, and I'm sitting in the Angel Bar to post this. Turkish night tonight - yum yum! and now . . . the next blog. . .

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2015, 14:25:43 PM »
LATE FEBRUARY 2010   InfinityExpress offices, Fethiye

BLOG 19: New contract: the outcome

M, the all-purpose driver and tea-maker collects me from the apartment at 9 o’clock.  I’ve only come for four days, this is day three, leaving only the rest of today and tomorrow for L and I to choose furniture and fitments, which is what I came here to do!

Once again, I’m shown up to the conference room upstairs. K and S are waiting for me. S gives me the courtesy of her warm smile. K never smiles anyway. I try to keep my expression neutral – after all, I’m here to renegotiate our contract.

Again, the warm words from S – they want us to be happy. We’ll have a lovely, luxurious villa, be assured.
“Yes, “ I say, “but it’s not the one we originally wanted and chose – my husband is extremely upset at what’s happened. . “ (he might be, but as yet he doesn’t have a clue).

S then makes the offer: £5k off the original price. My expression says it all – no way. Since we left, I say, I’ve been looking at prices on the Internet, and my husband and I think we were overcharged anyway (what a liar I am, I think ruefully – it’s so hard to judge prices of property without actually viewing – we were both amazed at the price including all furniture in the first place. Of course, we are used to London prices). I make an outrageous demand re the price – they rock back in their nice upholstered chairs in horror.  Underneath it all, I sense that they’re relieved we have not pulled out altogether and demanded our money back, which, according to the contract, we would be entitled to do – with no penalty. Finally, we compromise to both our satisfaction. Some extras re the building are thrown in for good measure.

What about the completion date of end of June? Will it really be ready, as we naturally want to come on holiday then. This is becoming more important to us, as OH has been very unwell, and could do with a good, relaxing holiday. We have to come when the villa is complete for purposes of “snagging” i.e. fixing all the little bits and pieces only found after staying. After that stage, according to the contract, we make the final payment. I explain this to them and they totally understand. No doubt, whatsoever, they tell us, all will be ready. Now that they can inform their Russian buyers that we have agreed to change our plot, there’s no obstacle. All systems go!

“OK”, I say, “in that case, you won’t object to a few extra ‘penalty clauses’ that I’d like to add to the contract just in case there’s further delay”. (Clearly I’ve missed my calling, should have been a lawyer, not an art teacher – I think smugly.) We agree to add monthly amounts that will come off the final price for any delays, plus they will pay for our holiday in another place of equal quality in the event of the villa not being ready for habitation at the end of June this year. In the event of the villa still not being ready after our planned holiday, I will need to make an extra trip to check things before paying the final amount after the snagging. They will pay for this trip for me and my husband. They are clearly confident that the building will be finished on time so they agree to these additional clauses being added to the contract. Phew!  At last, I’ll be able to come clean with OH, with only good news.

C is called into the office to retype the contract. S is smiling and K permits himself a tiny upturn of the lips. They are delighted that they won’t lose their Russian clients. That means there is only one villa left to sell, and it appears that there is a German buyer on the horizon for that one. No worries there. I'm sure that supersalesman, Oz, will clinch the deal.

Now, my man for all seasons, M, is called in. Celebrations! Tea all round!

………………

. . .  to be continued  . . .usually posted on Thursday

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2015, 14:56:53 PM »
Oh dear, why won't I allow myself to breathe a sigh of relief...... yet  ???
You write so well ArtyMar - I'm intrigued.

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2015, 16:47:38 PM »
Just read all of this in one go - whilst the boss is away Barbara plays!  Really good read and am looking forward to the next instalment  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf