Author Topic: ArtyMar's blog: buying the dream  (Read 122300 times)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
Re: ArtyMar's blog: buying the dream
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2015, 11:17:53 AM »
December 2009 LONDON

BLOG 9: Waiting for developments, waiting for our first pictures.

I don’t expect much from images of dug out foundations, so I continue to drool over the computer generated images (CGI) that enticed us in the first place. I’m thinking: with Photoshop I could insert a picture of me in that scene and send it to the kids. That would be sure to help them understand a bit more. I’ve always loved those TV programmes, ‘A Place in the Country’, ‘A Place in the Sun’, ‘Location, Location, Location’. Soon we’ll have our own place in the sun. I look out of the window: dark, overcast skies and a light drizzle of rain. It's chilly.

Meantime – soon it will be Christmas, and then January, and I’m scheduled to fly out again in my half term, end of February. I’ll inspect the building in progress, choose furniture, design my kitchen. Yay! Counting the days.

I send email to L: “ . . . expecting to see foundation pix soon . . .can’t wait to see you in Feb to choose furniture etc. . .”

……..

. . .to be continued. . . posted usually on Thursdays

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2015, 00:42:03 AM »

I'm still drooling as I gaze at one of the cgi images, imagining myself in the pool - I wonder how far they've got with those foundations? The contract states that we'll be able to move in at the end of June! (2010) - will it really be ready?

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2015, 07:43:14 AM »
Looks amazing - I would be so excited  8)

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 15:12:41 PM »
Loving it ArtyMar.... See you in May...

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2015, 01:06:56 AM »
June, Gillian! We arrive 4 June. Looking forward to meeting up! Glad you're enjoying the blog  :)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 18:20:08 PM »
JANUARY 2010 LONDON

BLOG 10: Still Waiting -

I send another email to L: “ . . .still waiting for pix . . . have booked flight . .  . here are flight details . . . will be coming alone as husband unwell at the moment . . . looking forward to seeing progress on the ground (but please send those pictures!) and designing kitchen, choosing furniture . . . see you in just a few weeks . . .  Reply now to confirm all ok . . .”

A week later I receive a reply from L: “apologies for not replying earlier . . . very heavy rains have caused some delays . . . our driver will pick you up at Dalaman: when exiting after baggage reclaim, go down the ramp – he’ll be waiting for you with a sign showing your name – you’ll be staying at one of our luxury apartments in Chalis called ‘Palm Court’  and I’ll be picking you up the next morning – looking forward to seeing you again soon . . .”

I exclaim out loud to OH when spotting her email “Ha! I’ve received a reply at last from Infinity!” I quickly scan through it. No attachments, no images.

OH: “Everything ok?”

Me: “Yeah – seems so.”

Even if I am a bit niggled that L took her time in replying, I don’t want to pass those niggles on to him. I still can’t get over the fact that he has agreed to go ahead with our dream Place in the Sun. It may still be a dream but soon it will be turned into reality!
…………………….

. . . to be continued . . . usually posted on Thursday

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2015, 19:20:57 PM »
This is driving me mad. Please be a happy ending like ours.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2015, 21:35:35 PM »
We are over on 3rd June would love 2 meet u, after following your adventures so far xx

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2015, 23:35:08 PM »
Saga Louts, sorry to be driving you mad :( The idea of the blog is that you share our pain  ;) (and our joy :D !?. . .? )

Echogirl1, we arrive on the same date - late on 3 June. We're planning a coven at our villa with Menthol and Gillian - haven't yet fixed the date. You'll have to join us!

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2015, 18:38:03 PM »
News of our proposed coven has spread to Menthol's blog. Any other witch planning to be in or near Calis beach for the two weeks from 4 June can join us! We'll stir up quite a brew! 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf