Author Topic: ISIS an American perspective  (Read 1536 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
ISIS an American perspective
« on: February 27, 2015, 08:22:20 AM »
please take a little time to read this interesting article. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/26/saudi-blood-before-american-blood-in-war-against-isis/? You are certainly not going to agree with everything it says, but I am sure you will agree that it is a good analysis of the present situation in the mid. East and North Africa. I suppose the biggest point it brings out is whether we (UK) are also, like the Americans, being warmed up again for full military action like in Iraq 2. And what is the response of those more directly affected, like Turkey, Saudi Arabia and what exists of government in Iraq.

Offline apollo

Re: ISIS an American perspective
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 10:16:22 AM »
"After a century of boondoggles, we still haven’t learned that bombs don’t change people’s minds. You can’t bomb an ideology into submission. This is more about hearts and minds, not tanks and missiles."

No real commentary on the causes of the current situation. Central America, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, Syria, Libya, Indonesia, Iran, Ukraine and there are others which ,no doubt, I have forgotten.

Offline kawasakikid

Re: ISIS an American perspective
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 08:22:06 AM »
I have read the article in the above link. It is indeed refreshing that it is just not me who is thinking on these same lines; in fact I would say I was 99.9% in agreement with this article.  I would agree with Used Bus Tickets and encourage all readers of this post to take the time to read the article. 

I am firmly now of the view that we are all being hoodwinked by our politicians into getting involved in endless wars we cannot possibly win.  Just two examples that come to mind is the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.  Oh yes, the Allies go in there bombing the hell out of the country then invading it on the pretext of "eliminating the threat to the west" (remember the weapons of mass destruction lie?). Ultimately however, the superpowers that include the United Kingdom, are defeated and we have to turn tail and retreat, leaving behind thousands and thousands of dead people.  For what purpose? As soon as the west's armies withdraw there is a civil war and the situation becomes even worse than before our intervention.

There is at last, a gathering wave of dissension against these wars and conflicts as we all see through the superficial propaganda that is fed to us through the media.  Another item I would thoroughly recommend is the new documentary film by Adam Curtis called "Bitter Lake".  It is available to download from the BBC via the iPlayer.  The style of the documentary is very unusual, but if you stick with it, what is revealed is an eye opening history lesson at where we are today with ISIS, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria etc.  The whole sordid story begins at the end of World War 2...

It is all the fault of Saudi Arabia and the unfortunate fact that the majority of the worlds oil reserves are in that country.

The renowned journalist, Peter Hitchens said of Bitter Lake:

"The simple, devastating explanation of how and why Britain’s Helmand military intervention went so completely wrong from the beginning - despite its good intentions - is so good, so concise and so powerful that it alone justifies the film." Hitchens said that the film "surprises, captivates, creates in the mind a demand to know what is happening, and then answers it," and concluded his review with simply "See it, please."

Nough said!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf