Author Topic: Winter weather in uzumlu  (Read 14402 times)

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
Re: Winter weather in uzumlu
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 21:17:33 PM »
I would just like to clarify my point about the heating, not that i need to explain myself, but it had infact nothing to do with the construction but more to do with the Origional question relating to the winter weather.
As for you having a million more times experience than me in the Turkish property market, good for you !
Needless to say, although your advise is valid and accepted there are more appropriates ways exchanging information.
And thankfully I am out too !

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 22:36:22 PM »
Hi Yoshi, you are intending to spend alot of money on a pretty looking property, personally you will not go wrong listening to Scunner and Eric, as this is going to be your home, and if you don't get it right before purchasing, you could have to live with your mistake for many years before you find a buyer allowing you to move on. 

Why not rent a property in Uzumlu for a few months in the winter, End of November to the beginning of March, this will be the cheaper and safer option, especially as you are concerned regarding the cold.

I personally do not feel the cold, and quite happily have the windows open all year round here in the UK, home in the UK heat up quickly once the window is closed, however, when we lived in Turkey I would not dream of doing that in the winter at night and some days, once a property is cold in Turkey it will take longer to warm up.

Scunner does know about underfloor heating, he had this in his villa, we are all trying to help and save you money in the long run.   

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 22:51:47 PM »
Well said Loz,what you have said is 100pc true and well worth taking on board. That is only the start when purchasing a property in Turkey. Tapu and habitation certificate come to mind especially when buying off plan. Those who have listened to Keith's advice have had a trouble free buying experience,those who have not, in some instances have found lots of problems along the way.
" Buyer Be Warned "

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 07:31:22 AM »
Sadly I don't think Yoshi will be Chris.

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2015, 09:05:47 AM »
Thank you for all your advise which I am grateful to receive.
All the information sent to me enables me to research this further. Of course we will look at every aspect of advise given and appreciate the time people give in order to help us.
I applaude the knowledge and experience that both both Eric and Scunner have and are by no means doubting their advise.
What I object to however is the tone that Scunner uses to relay that information, it is unnecessary and frankly rude. I would not speak to people in that way and don't expect it in return.
Have a good day

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2015, 09:14:22 AM »
I thought you had declared yourself out of this thread?

Anyway, if I was about to flush 100k+ down the toilet I'd be grateful for someone who dares to be rude enough to tell me. You bought (or are deep into considering buying) a house that the builder has told you is made with top quality materials (I assume with a price tag to match) but he has built a bog standard traditional local build. He even came up with a technical sounding reference for the cheap local blocks he is using.

Sometimes I have to quietly tell my sales guys that perhaps they need to do a bit more in the way of sales. I sit them down and with a coffee tell them they I am their friend and I want them to succeed. They like that. But sometimes that doesn't work and I have toget them back in and shout at them to GET IN FRONT OF MORE CUSTOMERS OR YOU MIGHT FIND YOURSELF LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB, because they couldn't grasp the friendly advice.

They find that rude.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 09:29:31 AM »
Deposits next up for discussion?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 11:30:58 AM »
Or using the lawyer suggested by the builder

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2015, 11:33:32 AM »
Not the same lawyer the builder uses...not his Brother In Law is he??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2015, 11:38:06 AM »
No don't worry - it's his Thermalite block supplier

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf