Author Topic: Quick review of where we ate/ went in our recent two week stay  (Read 4897 times)

Offline Steve A

Re: Quick review of where we ate/ went in our recent two week stay
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 23:08:21 PM »
Wrong time of the month for Gordon,what an over reaction !
The Meeting Point is nice,the surroundings have improved,the staff and service are good but the food is not as good as Gunisik

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 06:04:38 AM »
Strange that Meeting Point has been No.1 and No.2 respectively over the years, in the restaurant vote on this Forum.  However, a lot of people, like me ,may not have tried Frank Cannon's place yet. 
I never liked the look of it.  it always has the look of a fast food place...my opinion only  :D

Offline devindazzle

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 07:10:22 AM »
Had a couple of bad meals among other issues in Meeting point so havent eaten there for a couple of years. 

We had exactly the same view as you Jacqui, alwaays saw Gunisik as a fast food place, open til late & only used it for lunch time snacks as my family say the best kebabs are from there.  I don't know what made them try Gunisik for evening meal but it is now a firm favourite as the food is very good value and delicious and service is always very very good.   Me & my mum ate there last night and for two portions of garlic bread, 1 veg curry (chips & salad), 1 chicken curry (chips & salad), 3 cokes and a gin and tonic was 50tl..

As the saying goes, never judge a book by its cover...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 08:17:01 AM »
Seems a lot of us CBF people where out and about last night... We need a picture D.D. so we can recognise you. Also if your O.H. works in a local place, perhaps we already know him...
Will have to give this place a try   :)

'As the saying goes, never judge a book by its cover...'

Yes, people say that about me too     ;) ;D

Offline kawasakikid

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 14:10:57 PM »
All customers are to be valued, regulars (old) and new... It isn't good business sense to become complacent or take anyone for granted.

It's understandable when very busy that new customers may need more attention and help finding their way around the menu, have more questions to ask etc so may need more time but it doesn't take much to ensure those that have been before feel as valued and welcome too.

A simple but effective formula that escapes some eating places. But as well as that it's CONSISTENCY, CONSISTENCY AND CONSISTENCY. 

Nichola and Dogan have got the above down to a fine art.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf