Author Topic: Curry Palace  (Read 9607 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Curry Palace
« on: May 31, 2015, 08:27:18 AM »
Eight of us went out last night to the Curry Palace after hearing some rave reviews and we were not disapointed   :) all the meals were very nice and the service was good.
They do a special choice menu at 29 lira which is excellent value, no complaints at all, I believe the chef is from Bradford.

Will definately go there again  ;)

Offline scorcher

Re: Curry Palace
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 09:01:10 AM »
What time is his last bus?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 09:23:21 AM »
We went a couple of weeks ago and I was really disappointed the chicken tikka masala had a really gloopy sauce that tasted like it came out of a bottle.  Phil though his meal was O.K. nothing to rave about.  Service was slow even though the place was empty and the staff seemed lke they did not know what was gong on.  Perhaps things will change as they get further into the season.
I see they have another place in Hisaronu.
We would not return and IMHO The Calis Beach Restaurant Indian is far superior. 

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 10:46:41 AM »
like I said, we went there last night and it was excellent, plenty of staff and the service was very good, no complaints about any of the eight meals, and we will return.  :)

Offline marina

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 10:56:49 AM »
Where's the Curry Palace please? 

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 11:11:35 AM »
It's above the Beach House, apparently staff at the Beach house are telling the customers before they go up the stairs it is the same place, it isn't!

Offline nick11

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 11:21:25 AM »
We have been twice now and the food and service was excellent both times. Also very good value for money.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 11:30:47 AM »
Just goes to show...perhaps we hit them on a bad night.  No drinks, then asked again, then someone came over to confirm what drinks we wanted, then we got our drinks, but no water as order, so asked again. .  Asked for boiled rice on both as we prefer it, watched guy write it on his pad and then confirm ricegate with us.  Phil got boiled I got fried, so we switched over rices...good old Phil.   Nice setting, reminds me of the old La Terrace, like to people watch on the balcony up there.
It was cheaper than The Calis Beach, but not a patch on them as far as I was concerned.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 13:49:23 PM »
Six of us went Friday night, for the third time, agree with Andy another good meal nice setting excellent value for money

Offline devindazzle

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 15:02:32 PM »
Another thumbs up for CP from me.  My mum was over for a visit the last couple of weeks and we ate there on three occasions, everytime was spot on- and all occasions ranging from just us eating there to a several tables also dining.  The setting is fab and service brilliant.  We were chatting to another table near to us & they agreed the food was also lovely
Excellent value for money I say.  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf