Author Topic: Rosemary  (Read 9712 times)

Offline Clioman2

Re: Rosemary
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 15:23:00 PM »
Clioman,  The three restaurants you mention.. Mangal, never been, never fancied it and took note of reviews a few years ago). The Brothers, great recommendation on this Forum, ate there last month, meal O.K. but nothing startling.  Serkul 2. Had lunch once, put off by waiter picking his nose, never went back.
However, have eaten at  many restaurants in Calis  just a few I would give top marks to for food and service. The Calis Beach Restaurant,  Casa De Mama, Bella Mama, The Nil Bar, Meeting Point and of course Georges, where we have eaten now for 10 years and it is consistantly good, great professional service, always cloth napkins (which I love a sign of a good restaurant)  always excellent food, never had a bad meal there.  They have had the same Chef, Hussain, for 7 years and we know him well and often compliement him on our meal.  So, IMHO I would say a lot of Restaurants in Calis give the same service you have received in Rosemary.
However, we will try Rosemary in September and get back with our review then, but we will not be judging it by the steak. 

if you haven't already tried the Rosemary and decide in September that it's just like a lot of restaurants in Calis after you have, it may say more about your standards rather than the restaurant's. And by the way, who judged the Rosemary by the steak? Not I.
You talk about the service, I critiqued the food; both quality and presentation...

Offline tonyb

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 17:15:00 PM »
Sadly, to judge a restaurant by whether or not it has cloth napkins is extremely misguided. The first thing I generally do is read a few reviews, ask friends if they've ever had a meal in the restaurant and then judge for myself when we're there. If I was ever to judge a restaurant on the tableware, it would be the standard and cleanliness of the cutlery, if anything. Quite often, when in Calis we've seen what appear at first glance to be quite nice restaurants and then you think to yourself, why is this place empty. I'll guarantee it has nothing to do with tablecloths and napkins, but poor standard of food or service. If the food is nice at The Rosemary and not the average Calis Beach restaurant fayre as suggested, I'll trust the reviewers judgement, try for it myself and post my comments, good or bad at a later date. After all, you don't judge a book by its cover,do you ?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 17:23:21 PM »
Cloth napkins !! All the fine dinning restaurants have cloth napkins.

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!! Classic !!

Classic but true. Generally if you are in a fine dining restaurants they take into account you are wearing expensive clothing and so they protect it with a napkin.  This traditional goes back many hundred years... you probably remember it from the 18th century yourself KKOB.   ;)

Also tonyb,  I never judge a restauant just on the fact it has napkins.  I however think it is a sign of a good restaurant who care about their customer's clothing.  It is something I appreciate.   As said, Georges is consistently good and we have never had a bad meal there.  It is our favouirte restaurant in Calis and I like they fact they have napkins.    :)   

Offline marina

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 17:37:56 PM »
We were home on Tuesday night after two weeks in Calis.  We ate out more in Fethiye this year than previous years but still ate at various different restaurants in Calis, both on the prom and elsewhere and I cannot think of one of them, when eating out on an evening, that didn't have cloth napkins.  It's not just George's that do them Jacqui it seems to be quite common!    ;) It's certainly not a sign of a good restaurant either. 

We didn't try Rosemary's when we were there, just didn't get round to it.  Wish we had done now. 
Next time    :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 18:28:49 PM »
O.K. Once more.....Napkins are  a sign of a caring restaurant who look after their customers and want them to keep their clothing clean.  I appreciate it.   The ones I can think of in Calis are all good restaurants.
So Napkingate.  I know Georges,  Bella Mamas and Casa De Mama have cloth napkns, but trying to think who else has them??     

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2015, 20:16:42 PM »
Was in Bella and Casa - not a cloth napkin to be seen.

Offline davybill

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 20:51:07 PM »
The Nil bar have cloth napkins, but there is not much taste to them. :-X : :) ;D ;D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 21:27:40 PM »
Bella always give us cloth napkins.  i remember this because Phil accidentally knocked his wine over and I used my napkin to cover it.  The staff were brillant and rushed over and gave us another table.
Nil bar do not have cloth napkins.  We ate there on the Auction night and there were none to be seen. 
It maybe that some restauarants put them out occasionally.  I know George's are never without them.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 21:34:34 PM »
Jacqui is right, I only eat in the poshest of restaurants too :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 21:35:34 PM »