Author Topic: Curry Palace Çalış Beach  (Read 10229 times)

Offline Christie

Re: Curry Palace Çalış Beach
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 16:00:15 PM »
We always use Calis Beach Indian as the food there is excellent.  We did try the Curry Palace in June, but found the starters tasteless, the main meal was ok, the nams were far too enormous and tasteless for us to eat, so although it is a nice setting we would not go back, and will certainly stick with Calis beach Indian.  Have to say we have never been rushed there, we usually say to Hulki to leave it a while after the starter, and he brings it when we are ready.  Excellent service and excellent food.   

Offline Lotty

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 16:09:04 PM »
We bid for and won the voucher for a meal for two at the Curry Palace, but when we decide to go we looked at the date and it had passed the use-by date! If it's up for auction the time limit should be at least 2 months  IMHO?  :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 18:56:12 PM »
I agree Lotty,  The restaurant vouchers we bid for are usually valid until the end of October.  I think that is a bit rough. 

Christie, Agree about the Calis Beach Restaurant, they always ask us would we like to wait after the starter and we usually have a drink and then let them know when we are ready.    ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 19:42:35 PM »
That just isn't on - I'm sure Pete & Chrissie could sort it though. What was the expiry date?

Offline Lotty

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 20:42:02 PM »
We can't remember expiry date now, we've thrown the envelope away. Really it's not a problem, we should have checked the date, but most of these restaurant vouchers last (as Jacqui says) until October.  Never assume!   ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Curry Palace Çalış Beach
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 20:50:35 PM »
I think it is a problem. It's part of the reason I never bid on any of those types of things. I'll pay cash then there's no possibility of misunderstanding expiry dates, what is or isn't included etc which can cause embarrassment and awkwardness. If I feel like that I would guess others might  - which affects the potential fund raising total.

The auction wasn't 6 months ago and you have paid for a meal. You are simply far too nice to say so.

Hopefully P & C will sort this and I am sure they will.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 21:09:33 PM »
A couple of years ago we bid, at the Auction,  for a meal at the Yacht Classic and we got it.  When we got the voucher, it had the Yacht Boutique on the voucher, which was crossed out and it said the Yacht Classic.   We knew they were both the same company so did not say anything at the time.
We booked the Classic and went with our neighbours.  When it came time to pay the bill.  The waiter took the voucher and then came back with the Manager who told us the voucher was for the Boutique. We pointed out that The Boutique had been crossed out and the Classic put in. He was not having any of it.  We tried to ring Chrissie and Pete, but they were not available.  Next thing we knew the Manager from the Boutique was at our table and told us the voucher was for him.  We were so embarrassed, particularly as we were with our English neighbours who we had been bigging up the Auction to.  They had never been and had never had an involvement with the  3C's
Anyway, after much discussion and much more embarrassment , we had to take back the voucher and pay up.
We did eventually contact Chrissie and Pete who issued a new voucher for the Classic and we did have our meal there.  However, I cringe now when I think about how bad we felt that night. It totally ruined the night for us.
This was obviously an error on the part of the 3C's and we would not blame them as they do such good work.  Keep in mind mistakes happen and always double check the voucher you receive, for venue and when the voucher lapses.   None of  this would stop us bidding at the 3C's Auction, but we are now careful to check the voucher.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 11:25:53 AM »
As Cheffy is commenting on the Curry Palace and has not been to The Calis Beach Restaurant, perhaps we should wait for his review of he C.B. Restaurant?
Incidentally, we spent from 8.00pm until 12.30pm at the Calis Beach Restaurant and no one rushed us. We did not feel hurried at all, it was very relaxing.

Fair do's Jaquie , but in MY opinion the CURRY PALACE is the best. What I didn't like about the other place was that four of us ordered different curries and all four arrived within 2 minutes of us ordering them. That makes me think that they are not freshly cooked and are just reheated in the microwave. Even though we all ordered different curries, they all tasted basically the same, as we had a taste of each other's. Another moan I had about the place was, we were given COLD plates to pour our curry and rice onto, this is something I can't stand, I like my food HOT. At the CURRY PALACE the plates are red hot and the waiters warned you about this. The currys are put on top of a small burner to keep them hot also.
Curry Palace for me every time for the above reasons, as well as the currys being a lot better tasting.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 11:47:40 AM »
We always wait a while for our meals at the Calis Beach Restaurant.  We found the opposite to you at the Curry Palace.  Meals were served very quickly and my chicken tikka was horrible,  the sauce on it tasted like a bottled sauce, gloopy and thick.  The nan bread was covered in coconut flakes, but none inside the nan as it should be.
I do agree about the cold plates though.  I really appreciate a hot plate and wish more restaurants would do this, paricularly those by the beach where the breeze can make food cold very quickly.  One reason Phil often orders a stir fry, so it comes with a heater under it. 
Lets start a campaign for hot plates in all restaurants.  :)

Offline Christie

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 12:00:29 PM »
We found the service far too fast at the Curry palace, i was still trying 'manfully' to get through the enormous bland onion baji, when they brought the main meal to the table.   It is what we like about CB indian, in that Hulki asks us to let him know when we want the meal so we can enjoy it (and we do) in our own time.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf