Author Topic: Curry Palace Çalış Beach  (Read 10225 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Re: Curry Palace Çalış Beach
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 12:04:32 PM »
We always wait a while for our meals at the Calis Beach Restaurant.  We found the opposite to you at the Curry Palace.  Meals were served very quickly and my chicken tikka was horrible,  the sauce on it tasted like a bottled sauce, gloopy and thick.  The nan bread was covered in coconut flakes, but none inside the nan as it should be.
I do agree about the cold plates though.  I really appreciate a hot plate and wish more restaurants would do this, paricularly those by the beach where the breeze can make food cold very quickly.  One reason Phil often orders a stir fry, so it comes with a heater under it. 
Lets start a campaign for hot plates in all restaurants.   :)

Too right Mrs Harvey and not before time. I'll start it right away.  ;)

Offline cheffy

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 12:54:41 PM »
Cheffy, Try The Calis Beach Restaurant, down the other end of the prom near Lee"s Bar.  Lovely Indian food IMHO the best in Calis Beach. 
Unfortunalty we leave on Tuesday and we have planned our meals, but we will be back next year, and try it then but thanks for the advice:0)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 16:34:38 PM »
To be fair to most of the restaurants, their kitchens are very small and some just don't have the facilities for plate warmers or to have an oven on all day to warm them....It would be a pain  to warm every plate in a microwave.. I have been in some kitchens over there. I have no idea how they manage.   

Just read that there is a new topic started re hot plate .  Could this post be moved up to that one please..

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 18:33:26 PM »
Sorry about that Lotty. Peter is going to pop down and see them tomorrow to see if they will issue another voucher valid until the end of the season.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 19:47:58 PM »
Well, we weren't complaining, because we should have checked dates, and thought the time scale would be longer like others are. However, I suppose they did get the credit for pledging a meal for two, so why not get them to re-pledge and put it in this weeks auction. We'd be happy with that.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 13:26:04 PM »
Thanks for the  kind offer Lotty but Pete's only just managed to catch up with the owner. Anyway all sorted now and have sent you a private email   :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 11:00:15 AM »
We are regulars at The Shine in Hissy and the curries there are the equal of most in the UK, if not better than many, but have been keen to try out the new Curry Palace, if for no other reason than it is on our doorstep and not a twenty odd minute drive away.  So here is our comparative assessment (4 of us) for the two restaurants based on marks out of ten on the inclusive menu, and comments based on last nights visit to Curry Palace

Location - Shine 6 Curry Palace 10 - the upstairs views across the bay at sunset were fantastic and the sea breeze most welcome

Poppadoms and sides - Shine 10 Curry Palace 9

Starters - Shine 8 Curry Palace 10 - really excellent starters - all good but the Chicken Pakora and Tikka were exceptional

Mains - Shine 10 Curry Palace 5.5 - poor all different dishes orders looked and tasted the same, using the same bland sauce, and the portions were - in comparison - rationed!!  Plenty of bland sauce but not much meat either.  I had to send back my Bhuna as it was awash with sauce and as most people know Bhuna is a dry dish, and unfortunately it came back with the sauce simply drained off with a quick fry in the pan!!  Accompaniments of various nans and rice were OK.

Price - Shine 30TL (summer price) Curry Palace 34.95TL.

I think we will go back to Curry Palace to give the mains another try, and will be interested to see whether they will open in the winter months.  But at the moment The Shine is not under threat from losing our business to the Curry Palace.

Offline daffodillys

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 14:08:57 PM »
We went to Curry Palace the first week it opened, fantastic setting, decor and service, but found the food a little disappointing, bland. Then at the begining of July we called in for a take away, we were informed that a new chef and staff had been hired since the opening week !! all i can say is our take away was gorgeous, so much of it and it was hot and very tasty. We were thinking we would give it another try when we are over next but judging by some of the comments it still seems hit and miss. Personally i would prefer my food to be good rather than just a lovely setting.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2015, 17:29:56 PM »
Agree with UBT scores.  On the two occasions we visited, found the starters to be superb but the main courses lacking variety in flavour / bland.  I would go again and choose a couple of starters as they were so nice.

Offline davybill

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2015, 20:48:02 PM »
But you have to take into consideration' from Calis, to Hisoronu, Dolmus fare,
Or by car, petrol and no alcohol? Take your pick,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf