Author Topic: Madeleine McCann (again)  (Read 8697 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Madeleine McCann (again)
« on: October 01, 2015, 22:07:56 PM »
How much longer are we going to be expected to paid to have 30 Met police officers in Praia da Luz working on the Madeleine McCann case without, it would seem absolutely no progress.

Makes my blood boil.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Madeleine McCann (again)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 08:26:23 AM »
Here here.... !!

Offline patrice

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 09:09:15 AM »
Me too ???

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 09:36:54 AM »
My heart goes out to the thousands of parents of missing children who have received none of
the support or back up this case has received. A " spokesperson " almost from day one. Private
jets to fly the parents round the world meeting world leaders and celebrities, worldwide publicity
and appeals. The whole thing disgusts me, is it a case of who you know.?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 14:47:12 PM »
And me makes me very cross indeed...
Kerry Needham ( mother of Ben Needham) think that is her name was in a magazine the other week saying that nowhere near the amount of money or time was ever spent on looking for Ben when he disappeared in Greece all those years ago...I have always kept up to date with her story as Ben is a similar age to my youngest son, i remember being horrified when it happened...
Personally i think it was time to stop the investigation a long time ago, sadly i dont think the McCanns will ever be reunited with their daughter...
Whilst it is very sad i stand by what i said in the beginning when Maddie first disappeared they should never have left her or any of those children to go out to dinner...And even more so when Kate McCann
appeared on a documentary or sumat a while back and said Maddie had been unwell the day she went missing i was gobsmacked when i heard that...

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 15:29:05 PM »
I strongly suspect we wouldn't have seen so much activity if it had been manual worker from the east end of Glasgow and his wife involved - in fact I also strongly suspect that they'd have been the focus of the inquiry and at a minimum, charges relating to leaving their children unattended would have been brought. 

Lets not forget what the assistant chief constable of Leicestershire Constabulary said in 2008:

"While one or both of them may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine's disappearance."

JF

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 16:57:53 PM »
The Government recently said £10.1 million had been spent so far and the Home Office have budgeted
for a further £2. million in 2016 in the search for Maddie. I believe that's without the millions donated by
the public. The McCann's were offered the Complex's babysitting services when they booked their holiday
but declined. They eventually returned to work but asked everyone else to keep looking.
I seemed to remember Ben Needham's family selling their house to fund their search, and it was something
like 12 years before British Police went to Kos to search. They were badly let down by their own country.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 21:04:51 PM »
Personally if I lost a child, l would NEVER stop looking, or want anyone else to stop. I'd do anything-ANYTHING. It's only natural. However and sadly, it is so long ago now and regardless of questionable circumstances, perhaps it is time to reduce these horrendous investigation costs. YES the McCanns did leave the children alone but in a place they were in a position to watch. Does that mean they don't deserve to know what has happened to their child? Will they be judged and punished forever? Their personal misery will be never ending. I do think that costs should be scaled down but I do believe the investigations only continue because they are close to findings which could destroy the core of this hideous and growing child abduction.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 21:14:01 PM »
In a place they were in a position to watch?

Obviously not, their child is gone.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 21:34:42 PM »
I don't believe they were in a position to watch over there child.

But my main point is that the resources devoted to this case are TOTALLY disproportionate.

As JohnF said the response would have been totally different had it been for example a single mother or "working class" couple.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf