Author Topic: Casa Di Mamma, not good.  (Read 8391 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Casa Di Mamma, not good.
« on: May 18, 2016, 08:39:28 AM »
Casa De Mama,
We went last night, Head Waiter greeted us like old friends, as we have been visiting since it opened.  it was busy, decided not to have the Italian meals as usual and would try something different.   Ordered two starters, stuffed mushrooms and potato skins.  First starter one large mushroom with some tomato paste in it  and second starter some slices of potato(no skins) with cheese like elastic.   Both had little taste, wiated a long time for the plates to be cleared,  Main courses arrived, starter plates still on table. 
My main course Chicken Rosa Maria which was roles of chicken stuffed with ham and elastic cheese, sitting on some slices of potato.  Very tough and over cooked chicken no taste and potatoes were soggy.  Phil's was peppered chicken, a large slice of chicken in a very thick and brown sauce, Phil said this was not very good.
I called over the Head Waiter and told him I could not eat anymore as the chicken was hard and over cooked, he said he would tell the Chef.    The Head Waiter returned with two dessert menus put then down in front of us and told us  "Desserts on the house".
We both picked Tiramisu.  It was lovely, really enjoyed it.  We were going to order Irish Coffee but waited so long and all the waiters were speaking in one corner, we just decided to get the bill.  Had to wave over a waiter and asked for the bill.  We both agreed, we should have had the Italian food which is what we normally do. I.e. Pasta or Pizza.  We said to each other this meal would not stop us coming again and we would be back as we had always enjoyed meals there since the place opened.
Head Waiter came over and said to me "Only you get free dessert, O.K?"  So, after saying desserts on the house, he changed his mind.  Desserts were only 10TL each.
It is strange the way things happen, this action of his left a sour taste and because of his pettiness for the sake of 10TL, we decided there and then, we would not be back. He has just lost a couple of once loyal customers.
In future we will go to Bella Mama's.

Offline davybill

Re: Casa Di Mamma, not good.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 08:50:17 AM »
yes we went last week thought it had gone downhill to what it was,

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 09:25:18 AM »
I've never rated it to be honest.  We have visited three times and three times their service was ****.
One of those visits there was about twelve of us and we were ushered out around 10pm by the waiters with jackets on.
I'd never go again

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 09:56:42 AM »
Tried it when it first opened, not impressed, never been back. Much prefer Bella Mamas. Had a lovely meal there couple ofweeks ago. Two starters, jumbo prawns in garlic butter, two pasta mains, 1 g&t, 3 glasses of good wine, 2 coffees. 141Tl (£35)  the lot. Good service and comfortable surroundings.   :)

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 10:33:41 AM »
What a shame Jacqui.  We have been twice only - and both times because I saw how much you raved about it.  We didn't particularly enjoy either times.  We always, always love Bella Mamas which I adore.  But well done for giving such an honest opinion!

Offline Christie

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 10:47:22 AM »
Must admit we have always preferred Bella Mama to Casa, have never been disappointed with Bella mama and always thoroughly enjoyed the food, service and ambiance.
 It is so disappointing when you go back to a favourite restaurant and have a bad meal.  Hope you have better luck when you go back to Georges !

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 11:09:36 AM »
Casa has been sliding for the last 3 years, Murat just doesn't listen to reason. looks like another one bites the dust   

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 14:04:38 PM »
Have to say, we fell out with this place a couple of years ago after having a steak that was tough as old boots and inedible. They did change it and it was only marginally better. We were over in April and fancied an Italian at Bella Mamas, unfortunately it wasn't open. We decided to give Casa Mamas another chance. It was early and we were the only people in the place. Have to say the starters and mains were both very good and on a par with Bella Mamas. I think there is a moral to this story. Only eat here when it is quiet and only eat Italian food, after all it is an Italian restaurant.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 19:06:34 PM »
Delighted to see you posting Jacqui and thanks for the info.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Casa Di Mamma, not good.
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 21:39:09 PM »

Only eat here when it is quiet

Really? One of my rules is NEVER eat somewhere that is quiet, keep walking :D

In 11 years I have never known a place as consistent as Bella Mammas - they never change, never waver - not everyone's cup of tea I know but if knowing exactly what you are going to get is important, nowhere comes close in CB    :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:15:02 AM by Scunner »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf