Author Topic: Do they not realise?  (Read 9533 times)

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
Re: Do they not realise?
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 08:28:14 AM »
We met friends at Matisse last month and the service was very slow.

Our friend who is Turkish said that a lot of restaurants have for rid of their more experienced and more expensive staff and replaced them with cheaper less experienced ones...which short sighted to say the least.

When our lunch finally arrived our friend sent back his sandwich as the bread was stale....it returned a few minutes later same sandwich same bread but toasted!

Offline davybill

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 08:47:07 AM »
We go to different restaurants in Calis every Wednesday sometimes ten of us, sometimes twenty of us.
Summer and Winter, never had a problem, in fact we are amazed how they cope.
And on the Cordon there is lots of Turks eating on Sundays,
So don't write the restaurants off just yet.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 21:04:49 PM »
Have just read Scunners post on his Holiday highlights and I must agree on the drop in standards in some restaurants. We experienced this in several restaurants in Calis that we use every visit namely Gunisik,  Serkul2  Cadde (new to us) and the Mulberry in Fethiye. What amazes me is they all complain about lack of customers this year yet when customers do visit the premises they would rather talk or play on their phones. The lackadaisical attitude of some waiters and even some owners is unbelievable. It is a short season and you would think they would want to make as much money as possible. We will go back to the ones I have mentioned next year maybe out of habit but if we had been first timers they would never see us again. We first went to Turkey some thirty years ago and the difference in service between then and now is like night and day. I just hope that they get their act together for next year,after all we dont HAVE to go to Turkey.That is if they still have jobs.

we went to the mulberry and had no problem with the service,the best service we had was at the dawn beach

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 21:17:09 PM »
You are correct we did have some very poor service (or no service at all) experiences, I must say we had mainly good meals and service. Mancero Kitchen about as good as can be, Bella Mammas (as ever) Meeting Point and Rosemary in Calis both attentive. For breakfast, Erkan at Ada Restaurant on Sovalye Island was fantastic. For drinks, George and the boys at Kermin were excellent and I must agree with Puma that Dawn Beach have their bar running as a well oiled machine and always feel that they are pleased we chose there.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 21:31:38 PM »
I ordered a Margareta in the Dawn Beach and when it came it was awful tasted like there was no alcohol in it. Phil called the waiter and asked him was there any alcohol in it and he said "I don't know,  I don't drink alcohol"
Next thing a waiter came over and asked me did i like the drink strong. I said I liked it with alcohol in it. He took it away and brought it back and it had a whole load of tequila in it.  It was really just a tequila cocktail. Would not return.  Best Margreta The Lighthouse.
This afternoon our Turkish friend took us to the Tents on Calis Prom.  We waited for 10 minutes and were totally ignored by the waiter and waitress.  Even when we tried to call them they ignored us.  We got up and walked out and went down to the Nil Bar, where we were served immediately.  Would not go back to the tents again.
We booked pick ups from the Matisse, they arrived at our place on perfect time to pick us up and also went up to the Yacht Classic to pick up Lotty.  We all arrived outside at the same time. They also took us back, so great service from them.

Offline marina

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 21:36:13 PM »
Dawn Beach a favourite of ours too. Always a great welcome. We were there early May when it was very quiet and Dawn Beach was one of the few who were full every night so says something. Doesn't matter if you just want a drink and watch the sport or have a meal, the service is the same. Kerim is another 'people watching' favovrite of ours, really friendly guys there.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2016, 21:51:31 PM »
Had some lovely lunches at Lighthouse I have to say their pides are just gorgeous 10tl for a cheese based one and then 1tl per whatever topping you wanted...and always a dish of lovely fresh salad brought with it.
My only little prob with Lighthouse is they dont sell the big bottles of water which I found quite unusual...

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 19:39:30 PM »
Dawn Beach is excellent. Great staff who always remember you and make your evening an enjoyable one. I still say they do the best steaks in town and nowt wrong with the drinks in my book, but I'm a cheapskate.  ;D

Offline marina

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 20:04:32 PM »
 OH had a steak at Dawn Beach in May, said it was one of the best he's had.   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 21:15:51 PM »
Dawn Beach is excellent. Great staff who always remember you and make your evening an enjoyable one. I still say they do the best steaks in town and nowt wrong with the drinks in my book, but I'm a cheapskate.  ;D

Nothng wrong with the drinks if you like your cocktails with no alcohol   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf