Author Topic: £1 = €1 ... ....  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
£1 = €1 ... ....
« on: August 17, 2016, 16:15:31 PM »
... but not at all UK airports. In at two of them you'll only get 99 eurocents. Of course the £ has plummeted everywhere but the real message is don't change money at an airport unless you order in advance (when you can get quite a good deal).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37107945

Offline Stuart T

Re: £1 = €1 ... ....
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 16:44:41 PM »
Ouch!!

I've gathered a few euros for a forthcoming trip to Paphos (Cyprus) but with four weeks to go I'm hanging in there, willing the exchange rate to improve before buying more.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 17:19:33 PM »
I usually draw cash from ATMs at destination using no fee/no loading debit card. However last time I went to a Greek island I was concerned about Greek banks running short of cash and not filling their ATMs. So I ordered from Bristol Airport using Moneycorp. They consistently offer a good rate for online orders and alco have a deal which says you get the exchange on day of booking OR on the day of collection - whichever is better for you. Perhaps a good idea to check your chosen airport to see which agency operates there. You can do this by visiting: http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/ and looking under Travel and Motoring/Overseas Spending. Unfortunately Exeter Airport doesn't appear if that is your choice. If so you have delivery to home choice left.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 17:48:35 PM »
Going from Bristol (Exeter's destinations are pretty limited).

Thanks Colwyn - your advice is very much appreciated.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 16:01:06 PM »
the answer is never ever exchange your money at the airport. I find that Wednesday of any week is the best rates on exchange, don't ask me why but it seems to work.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf