Author Topic: On Hiatus  (Read 2218 times)

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
On Hiatus
« on: June 30, 2017, 15:00:49 PM »
The Thursday night Animal Aid Fun Quiz at the Nil Bar is taking a short break in July/August and will resume again in September when the hot conditions have eased a tad.
Grateful thanks to our lovely quiz-compiler Elaine Patten and her equally adorable hubby Gareth, both of whom work so hard on behalf of Animal Aid.  They need and thoroughly deserve their break, though even as I type this, Elaine is currently slaving away in a hot kitchen preparing some lovely goodies for tomorrow's coffee-morning at the Nil.  Up to her 'oxters' in sausage-rolls and corn beef pasties I shouldn't wonder!!!!
On behalf of everyone involved with Animal Aid, I would like to thank everyone whether resident or on holiday, who've participated in and supported our weekly quiz.  Hope you've found it entertaining and look forward to seeing you all again when we resume in September.
Thank you again for helping us help those poor unfortunate animals who have no voice.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: On Hiatus
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 08:35:21 AM »
Go on - admit it's because we re going home  ;)

Seriously - we've done the quiz every Thursday of our six weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We've not won but have gone from a team of two winning the chocolate spoons one week to a team of six managing to get to fourth (and completely raid the raffle one week).

Much thanks to Elaine who I know wasn't well one week but carried on regardless and her hubby, Gareth, who was team photographer amongst other things.

Also a special mention to the Nil Bar and Angel - they do a great job supporting the charity.

It's also the first time I've had fillet steak at one place for every meal and every one was superb. Well done (no pun intended).

We will be back on our next visit.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf