Author Topic: Recommendations 2017  (Read 4821 times)

Offline KathB

Recommendations 2017
« on: July 26, 2017, 22:00:12 PM »
Hi all booked to return in september last time some great tips on places to eat where given by you all. Can I ask where are the best places to eat this year? There are very mixed reviews on my favourites Bella mamas. Jackie H was very helpful any tips ??

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Recommendations 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 22:37:18 PM »
Wouldn't fault Bella Mamma's - lovely food and great service as always when we were over.

Laika was also very good.   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 22:45:44 PM »
Bella Mammas was perfect last week

Also - for Calis specificaly - had good food and service in Calis Beach Indian Restaurant, Mangal (Doners, and also a surprisingly fabulous Chicken with spicy prawns) and consistently good fare at the Meeting Point.

Offline NIGCOUSKAZ

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 08:32:37 AM »
Bella mamma's was perfect two nights ago, grandkids loved the food (kids steak and chips - steak really tender) and the service was excellent.
Mozaik Bache last night was excellent too, recommend beef casserole, was like a rogan - delish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Christie

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 14:22:45 PM »
Bella mama, always our first choice, also Georges,  had some lovely meals in there, and calisbeach Indian,  always good. Staff in all three places great.  Bella and Georges also have my favourite moskado wine.

Offline busybee

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 06:51:36 AM »
Beach House, great food.  Dawn Beach, according to our friend a retired butcher, said best steak ever.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 20:51:18 PM »
We had a great six weeks in Calis may/june and never once had a bad meal. Below are yhe places we ate.

Calis

Obens    -    Many times
Merhaba    -    Five times
Anatolia    -    Twice
Mehtap
Bahane
Guvens    -    for lunches  many times
New york pizza

Gunlukbasi

Turkuaz    -    twice
Ocakbasi

Fethiye

Agora
Megri
Yengen Burger
Lemon H2

In all restaurants we found the service really good. We did have one let down when we went for breakfast at Zayra after the sunday market. We sat for ten minuets and were ignored by the waiter who was happy to chat to a Turkish lady and drink tea. Even when we left he did not seem bothered at all. We went along to Ocakbasi and were welcomed with open arms.The guy showed us to our seats and said he would bring a menu.We said it was ok we both wanted an english breakfast , a black coffee and a latte.After about ten minuets the coffee came, one was black and the other was almost black.I said I wanted a latte and off he went, when he came back he said it was the machines fault, but the coffee was very much the same dark brown colour. He did bring a jug of milk which is not quite the same. After half an hour the breakfast had still not arrived. I got the waiters attention and it appears the reason it took so long is because they have to use four pans.
Anyway when it did come it was very very nice and we had a good laugh.

Going back to the restaurants we decided my best meal was  Beef Stroganoff  from the Anatolia and my wifes Prawn casserole from the Anatolia, she said the sauce was unbelievable.  Value for money had to be the Turkuaz in Gunlukbasi.  Best feel good and welcoming place was Obens. This is the place where I feel most relaxed and I could sit there all night and people watch.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 07:06:15 AM »
Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like you had a lovely holiday! Yes I love Obens too and like watching the world go by from there. 8)

Offline Ally B

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 20:39:53 PM »
Sorry I forgot one that was worth mentioning.  We went to Uzumlu one day and had lunch at the LUP LUP cafe. It is run by a very pleasant lady  who likes a blether. The menu though not huge has something for everyone. At my age there are not many things that I have not tasted,but this was a new one on me. I had a Kadinbudu kofta, it consisted of what was more like mashed meat mixed with rice with a coating of some sort and deep fried. It was more like a meat croquette and was served with salad chips and some rice.It was indeed different and very enjoyable ,they are also called "Ladies Thighs"  You can not get any alcohol because it is too near the Mosque. Mrs B said their toilets are some of the nicest she has seen in Turkey. (she is an expert on nice toilets) The ladies and gents are pretty obvious one has a bra hanging on the door and the other a pair of boxer shorts. They also sell homemade jams and jellies. As I like the Dolmus run there and back we had a real good day. 

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 21:19:04 PM »
My favourite kofta Ally B, my hubby makes them and i love them because they're not dry very moist   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf