Author Topic: restaurants on calis beach.  (Read 3575 times)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
restaurants on calis beach.
« on: July 27, 2017, 14:49:13 PM »
I have just come back from my jollies from Hisaronu. We ventured up to Calis beach most nights for a meal and drinks etc. My friend is disabled and uses a wheelchair. We noticed that we were not 'accosted' by staff to eat in their establishment. My friend is not a 'slobbering imbecile' (for use of a better phrase) and has impeccable table manners, so I was just wondering why we were invisible to many eatery staff? Maybe they thought that other diners would be put off or embarrassed? Feel free to discuss.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Re: restaurants on calis beach.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 15:27:06 PM »
over the last few years the rules of engagement have been tightened up and if any waiter or front of house is seen by the local authority to be pestering people walking by they can be closed down from a week to the entire season so I don't think it is any thing personal

Offline Lotty

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 15:50:42 PM »
I noticed that myself this year when walking down the prom. It's definitely calmed down, probably for the reasons trainer gave. I really don't think it's anything personal at all.  8)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 16:18:39 PM »
I seem to recall that two or three years ago 3 restaurants were closed down for 3 days for that vert reason.

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 17:37:12 PM »
Very little engagement from restaurants or bars on calis now which as others have said is probably due to rules & regulations.... when in car cemetery this week noticed authorities spending a good hour measuring how far out the seating was on the bar opposite  :-\

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 18:44:57 PM »
Yes, the Restaurant staff are not allowed to move onto the Prom and tout for business.  I remember a couple of years ago Rushie was banned for 2 months because he got too ambitious in his quest for customers.
Also, re disabled people, it is unfortunate that some restaurants on the prom have toilets that are no easily accessable for a wheelchair. 
It might be a good idea for a thread here to highlight disabled friendly restaurants.  I do know Georges has a ramp to it's toilets and I think the Indian and The Shanghai Blue have accessible loos too. ??

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 19:01:00 PM »
Motto loos are wheelchair accessible

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 22:47:42 PM »
The Nil Bar..Beach Bar.. Bella Mamma's.

Share me