Author Topic: Antalya AI Hotels  (Read 4142 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Antalya AI Hotels
« on: January 25, 2018, 04:19:09 AM »
Apologies if this is in wrong section...So we are in one of the all inclusive hotels in Lara in Antalya...Its our first visit to stay in Antalya ( only ever been to the airport) firstly when folk talk about the road being impassable from snow, if im honest Iv often thought " oh it cant be that bad" purely because of the temperature & climate in Calis at the same time...well we could not believe it, it wasnt actually snowing but the temperature in the car dropped a lot and the scenes were something like an English Christmas card! The hotel we are in is superb and there are many others that look amazing too and for the price we paid its a steal, we were chatting to two fellas last night who said they looked at coming in summer & with flights it would have been £3000 where they have paid £1000 ( x2 2 weeks & flights)...Lara beach itself is lovely really sandy  :) we ventured out yesterday as I forgot my dental floss ( one of lifes musts fir me) anyway everything is priced in euro's when we converted it was about £3 and £5 in another shop! So the shops near the hotels are defo " tourist prices"....Now its got me thinking being here we totally love the Jiva Beach in Calis but Calis prom most certainly would not be the same if everything was replaced by big AI hotels! I know there's been many members over the years saying similar things and now I can see it clear as day one big AI in Calis is defo enough and I think its great to have that choice...I can also see why a lot of expats who live in Calis/ Fethiye come to Antalya during the winter months as these hotels are geared for winter, heating and hot water etc...  :)There are not a lot of Brits here mixed nationalities and some f them are rather rude re their manners I have to say!

Offline yabanci

Re: Antalya AI Hotels
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 08:18:43 AM »
This picture was taken today at Karabel on the Fethiye to Antalya Mountain Road.

Offline daveG

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 14:55:47 PM »
Really pleased that you did make it to Lara Beach. Which hotel did you finally decide on?
The christmas card description you make is spot on and if you are fortunate to catch the sun going down, it casts a pink hue over the virgin snow.
Over the years the road network has been constantly up-graded for the journey over the mountains, so  it is no longer the daunting trip
it used to be. However travelling by car at this time of year feels less safe to me then having one of the daily small (Bati Antalya/Fethiye Seyhat) coaches which travel back and forward 12 months of the year.
A number of the hotels are used for winter training, we have been at the Titanic when most of the European nations have been competing daily in the pool. Golf also attracts big numbers into the area who play in Belek. So although a lot of the outside facilities are not in use for the normal holidaymaker, the numbers are balance to a degree with the sportsman.
Having said that, I have met people in the Lara Liberty Htl who have taken advantage of the prices at this time of year, and stayed for six weeks!! however you really do then need transport to get you around. Personally 2/3 nts is about my limit with these all inclusive remote hotels.   

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 21:34:22 PM »
Thanks Dave   :) we ended up at the Concorde and at the end of our stay we move to the Titanic for the last 2 nights which suddenly had a massive price drop...we were looking online today for early December this yr and could not belive the price being asked for that time of year so we defo got a bargain...went to use the D.I.Y Hamam today, omg never been in one soo packed, two rather large men were laying on the slab and a sight iv never seen here before was a woman had put her baby in one of the sinks and was bathing him in it, wouldnt have entered my head to do that but the baby was quite happy in there and it looked rather cute   :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 22:27:11 PM »
How does a D.I.Y. Hamam operate then   :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 22:54:27 PM »
Basically you go into the Hamam room take a mitt and some soap with you and scrub yourself, no bubbles in the pillowcase poured on you  :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 07:56:24 AM »
How does a D.I.Y. Hamam operate then     :)

You just have to make sure you don't rub yourself up the wrong way.   :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 07:08:39 AM »
Soo we are on our last stop off in Antalya at the Titanic beach resort/ hotel, it is a really lovely hotel, I can imagine it will be amazing in summer, lots of pools including a half olympic pool...The only prob we have had is as these hotels are open all year round they have heating ( unlike Calis hotels) mind you saying that the Jiva has heating so im guessing maybe the newer modern hotels are going this way, and you can not control it in your room, omg trying to get to sleep at night has been like an August night in Calis with no fan or aircon... The food choices have been great we cannot believe just how many people get vast amounts of food and then leave it all, i do hope the stray animals benefit from the left overs, saying that the other day we walked from one hotel to Titanic a good half an hour walk and did not encounter one stray cat on the way and saw jst three dogs, hugely diff to Calis, a lot of the hotels here have cat houses in the grounds where the stray cats are fed, neutered and have regular vet checks, we have been very impressed with this,indeed at our first hotel we saw the niggest fattest Garfield size cat weve ever seen what a diff to some of the pitiful sights in Calis ( who would be far far worse off if it were not for the wonderful caring folk who feed and help these animals on a daily basis) sadly on the way here we saw a sign for a dolphinarium advertising swim with dolphins & lions ( the sea version lol!) all in all it has been the best January for many years   :)for now though we are totally all inclusived out!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf