Author Topic: Six Nations 2018  (Read 13972 times)

Offline Steve A

Re: Six Nations 2018
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 12:14:08 PM »
Just watched replays from every angle possible,Watson definitely puts ball down a fraction before Anscome touches it.Anscome never had control over the ball at any point.Great TMO decision,means nowt now anyway ,we won and that’s that.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 14:30:17 PM »
Looks like the ladies did a better job than the men.  :)

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/england-apos-defence-six-nations-202100221.html

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 16:36:07 PM »
Just watched replays from every angle possible,Watson definitely puts ball down a fraction before Anscome touches it.Anscome never had control over the ball at any point.Great TMO decision,means nowt now anyway ,we won and that’s that.

So looking at the photo Watson has put the ball down and then taken his hands away to let Anscome to get his hand on it   :)  :)  ;)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 16:43:14 PM »
Good result for Scotland really enjoyed the game.H Anscome puts his hand on a different part of the ball.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 16:47:00 PM »
I enjoyed that game.....not as much as you Highlander but a fine win.

England should have too much for both teams - should - but Ireland always worry me. There's at least 30 green shirts on the pitch when they play England.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 16:51:18 PM »
So looking at the photo Watson has put the ball down and then taken his hands away to let Anscome to get his hand on it    :)  :)  ;)
You have to be in awe of SteveA's vivid imagination! Well done Scotland. Great first half for entertainment; dour struggle for the second half with Scotland showing their grit. I can imagine a Happy Highlander!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 17:35:08 PM »
A win is a win as they say.

But not happy - we cannot play like that and hope to get anything against England or Ireland. Still far to many errors and we have to tighten the defence considerably.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 17:15:17 PM »
"World Rugby have admitted that a mistake was made by the television match official (TMO) in Wales' 12-6 defeat by England". Thus confirming what everybody in the world of rugby knew - apart from two people!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43046791

But that is dead and gone. Today's news is that the most exciting player on view in the opening matches, Teddy Thomas, has been dropped, along with 8 other French players, following shenanigans in Edinburgh after the loss against Scotland.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2018/02/13/france-drop-eight-players-went-edinburgh-night-including-top/

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 18:46:10 PM »
Third Weekend

So how about the games this weekend? Despite losing 5 players who played against Scotland (for naughtiness), I still take France to beat Italy. But there is always the chance that the French may implode if the first quarter doesn't go well for them and we can enjoy Italy having a picnic.

Surely England have too much for Scotland although you wouldn't believe so if you can bear to listen to Eddie Jones' appalling nasal whine bigging them up as the All Blacks of the Northern Hemisphere.

I do hope that Wales do well since I've promised my Irish son-in-law that we can overturn them in Dublin - a bit optimistic of me that one! Perhaps if they are allowed to count all the tries they score things will go better.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 19:02:34 PM by Colwyn »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2018, 20:23:26 PM »
England will win the Calcutta Cup by at least 15 points  :( :( :(

I think Ireland v Wales will be very close.

PS If members are aware of my record on I Know The Score they will know to ignore the above predictions. :-[ :-[ :-[

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf