Author Topic: Property for rent  (Read 11297 times)

Offline rusty

• Sunset Beach
  • Newly Registered
Property for rent
« on: April 29, 2018, 15:55:32 PM »
 Hi folks,
Due to our friends daughter not needing our 2 bed, 2 bathroom apartment now - it is free for 1 week. The dates are Weds 19th - 26th September only, cannot be flexible on this, I am afraid.

The apartment is very nice and is on Sunset Beach Club in Calis.....£250.00 for the week.

Diane  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Property for rent
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 16:57:33 PM »
Make up your mind ! Is it free for a week or £250 for a week ?  ;)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 08:49:26 AM »
You registered with Polis for short term lets Diane? 

If so who are you using and how are you finding them?  Feedback may help other members.

If not...  :o

JF

Offline rusty

• Sunset Beach
  • Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 17:07:32 PM »
Lol...Kkob!! As much as I love you guys on here and all that!!

We rent the 2 bed apartment out all year through a letting agent over there.....Aqua Lettings....but we have use of it for 4 weeks of the year. We could probably have more but sadly we are both working and do not have the time. So we let our family  and friends use it as we own half of another 3 bed apartment, so we co-ordinate the 2 weeks that we use it in May and then again in September. 

I am aware that they are very strict on who is staying in the apartments, and that is fair enough - I was told the Police have even been on Sunset, checking. But I was just going to give the details of who was staying in our apartment to Aqua Lettings.
I just thought it's silly not to capitalise on it as it is just sitting there empty.

Diane

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 19:20:09 PM »
Nice to know you're happy with Aqua, but are you registered or not, you didn't actually say one way or t'other  :)

JF

Offline rusty

• Sunset Beach
  • Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 21:07:47 PM »
I personally am not registered with anyone as Aqua manage both the apartments for me.

So, if someone did rent it for that week, I would just give the renter's details to them to put through their system.

Couldn't be bothered with that side of things, just want to holiday when abroad!!!  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 21:12:33 PM »
Not sure it works like that - you NEED to be registered personally. They can look after the admin and coming and goings but it is you who is responsible - Aqua won't be liable for any fines on your property rentals.

You do need to check you are definitely registered - the fines are brutal.

Offline Phil

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 11:45:47 AM »
I can here the sound of very loud alarm bells ringing............

You should assume that you cannot now let a property in Turkey without some type of legal letting contract, personal registration or tax registration or a combination of these.

It may have changed since last year, but the situation certainly was that the Property Owner had to register with the Police. The property would then be listed on the Police database and a PIN code was issued to allow on line guest registration. The PIN could be used by a third party with the relevant soft ware and appropriate internet connection.

If you have not done this the Management Agency cannot be registering guests on line. I am not sure if they would be able to do it in person. ( But how can they register guests to a property if it is not on the database  ? ).

If your name is on the Tapu you are responsible for ensuring the relevant legal requirements are in place - it is you that will be fined, not the Management Company.

Please, please check the situation as a matter of urgency and seek more advice ( and do NOT take the word of the Management Company )

Offline DavidNicholson

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 12:40:42 PM »
Just a question on this.  I thought that the regulations only relate to "short term rentals", and I thought that an owner could enter into a "long term rental agreement" (3 months or more) with an agency, and then that agency could then deal with any short term rentals, and they would be responsible for complying with the regulations.

That would seem to make sense, but it was hear say, so may not be accurate.

I am sure there are those on here that will know the facts of the matter.

Offline Phil

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 12:54:15 PM »
You are right David - a long term rental contract as you describe is possible.

But it requires a formal contract, tax has to be paid ( by someone ) on the proceeds of the contract, and you would have to pay to stay in your own property during the period that the contract covers.

The Management Company would carry out the guest registrations - but they can only do this if the property is registered in the first place.

Although a contract would define the responsibilities of the Management Company any fine for transgression of the registration process would be levied against the property owner. You could then try to recover the amount from the Management Company .............

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf