Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 78664 times)

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
Re: Brexit
« Reply #490 on: September 12, 2019, 14:11:35 PM »
There’s been a lot of MP bashing going on.
Those in Remain constituencies are derided for voting against No Deal, and in 21 cases, they’ve effectively been sacked.
Those in Leave constituencies know, because they’ve seen Yellowhammer are torn between wanting to represent their constituents, and acting for the good of the country..
I don’t envy them one bit.

Offline thebillet

Re: Brexit
« Reply #491 on: September 13, 2019, 10:45:19 AM »
I'm confused; a lot of leave voters said they wanted to bring back control to our parliament. Recently our parliament enacted a law saying the PM should ask for an extension to the departure from the EU. So far so good, however the person responsible has refused to do this, I for one don't follow the logic.

So, moving to another part of the British Constitution, i.e. the judiciary, they have just said that the prorogation of parliament is unlawful but again the person responsible has refused to reconvene parliament. (Noted that there is an appeal to the Supreme Court but in the meantime the judges ruling remains: it's unlawful)

Finally another part of the constitution the legislature and Head of State has, according to the courts, been lied to.

So when we gain control over our own destiny will we have any use for laws, parliament or treating the head of state with respect?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf