Author Topic: Electric scooters  (Read 12063 times)

Offline blueclad

Re: Electric scooters
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 10:00:01 AM »
Our friends over in Calis heard that there is a small police ? office/ room  just opened up near MODO on the prom anyone know of this ?...…. if its true it will help with these new rules and be a local  point of contact for any other issues people may have

Offline cenk

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 11:23:17 AM »
Good decision but have to be applied by authorities . A teenager on an electric bike hit to my arm in promenade and escaped.This happened in winter time when promenade was not crowded. Danger is much more when it is crowded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline marina

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 11:32:58 AM »
Agree cenk. There's an accident just waiting to happen with more and more of these scooters about. I hope I'm wrong but dread to think what it will be like in the height of the summer.

Offline IanK

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 13:12:43 PM »
Well, whilst I appreciate that there are people with scooters, electric 3 wheelers and even some cyclists who ride dangerously on the prom, I have to say a gentle cycle ride down the front is one of the things I have enjoyed about Calis over the years.

I dont believe I have ever put anyone in danger and have always given way to pedestians. I also dont ride on the front when it is busy and we are usually ony there at quieter times of the year anyway.

I guess it just means instead of cycling down the front for breakfast or lunch we will stay local up near Sunset Beach.

Ian

Offline Christie

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2019, 13:14:36 PM »
Just watched two men cycle up to the sign, advising no cycling, read it and then cycled back down the prom ?!

Offline marina

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2019, 13:58:58 PM »
IanK, I can sympathise with people like yourselves who cycle responsibly. I don't have as much of a problem with the majority of cyclists, it's the electric scooters who are the biggest problem, and the people who are allowed to ride them! Some of them have no consideration for people just enjoying a walk along the prom, which is a great pity   :(

Offline suehugh

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 18:08:46 PM »
Fethiye created the blue cycle lane along the Corden. It's probably one of the safest places to walk. It's dangerous on the prom. Bycylists, powered cycles and scooterists on the prom. Their quiet and unobtrusive until they run you over. It's interesting to note that the authorities in Amsterdam are having similar issues.     Powered vehicles should be on the road. Bycylists in the cycle lane.

Offline davybill

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 07:55:33 AM »
It's a shame they  are banning them, the Dogs will have no one to bark at.😀😀😎

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 21:19:46 PM »
Taken from elsewhere-
A bit of advice for our readers regarding electric scooters and bikes.

On some of the local Facebook pages a lot of misinformation is being posted on comments that the 3 wheel electric scooters available to hire are disability scooters, you don't need a licence, in the UK you can use them, etc etc.

This is NOT the UK, the road traffic laws here are different.

They state that any electric moped or scooter with an output of over 250W requires to be registered with the local police, (i.e, a number plate is required), they must have traffic sigorta, (insurance), the rider must have a valid driving licence and they must wear a helmet.

From traffic police website ” Article 3 Definitions of Road Traffic Law No. 2918, electric bikes with power over 250W are accepted as motor bikes. Accordingly, electric bikes larger than 250W must be registered, have Trafic Sigorta [3rd party insurance]

if the power is from 250 Watts to 4 Kilowatts you need a Class ‘M Licence. if power is over 4 Kilowatts Class A Licence is required.

For your information, the 3 wheel scooters which are popular with the rental companies are all around 800W output with a top speed of approximately 50kmph meaning they must be registered and comply with what is stated above.

if you are registered as disabled you have to provide proof, if you reside here and class yourself as disabled, you need a hospital report that lists your disability and the percentage of your disability. if you want to have a Turkish driving licence you need another report to ascertain that your disability does not impede on your driving.

if you insist on mis-quoting UK regulations, they are in fact as follows:-

Mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs come in 2 categories:
Class 2 invalid carriages’ - these cannot be used on the road (except where there is not a pavement) and have a maximum speed of 4mph

Class 3 invalid carriages’ - these can be used on the road, and have a maximum speed of 4mph off the road, and 8mph on the road.

But this is NOT the UK and therefore not applicable. For your own well being and safety please abide by Turkish laws and regulations.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 16:35:45 PM »
Four people fined yesterday.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf