Author Topic: Optimistic?????  (Read 3656 times)

Offline JLS1

• Newly Registered
Optimistic?????
« on: June 02, 2020, 12:08:31 PM »
Just trying to gauge everyone's thoughts. What with lockdown beginning to ease slightly here and Spain beginning to let tourists in from a certain date, do you see Turkey/calis allowing tourists back in for the summer. I am hoping possibly early september if I can get there for 2 weeks. But worried about what calis life would be if they allowed tourists back and what restrictions would apply?

Offline Steve A

Re: Optimistic?????
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 17:15:55 PM »
Pointless asking really as no one knows for sure.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 18:11:10 PM »
We are booked for end of June - which I have long since written off. Nobody knows how this will play out but we are booked for our traditional 10 days in October and I am slightly optimistic about that one.

Offline JLS1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 20:54:29 PM »
It's when I see Nil Bar reopening and our friend Alis getting his boat trips back up and running gives me hope......there maybe other resturants as well which I haven't seen reopening got fingers and toes crossed

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 23:35:35 PM »
I think a lot of the new activity will be in regard to the potential for domestic holidaymakers being able to visit

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 07:29:36 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how much of an influx of domestic tourists there is during the next few weeks, bearing in mind that a large part of the population have had an enforced holiday for the last couple of months and money must be getting very tight.

I think a large part of Europe's population will probably just write 2020 off as far as holidays are concerned and will just book for next year. Especially if Social Distancing and wearing masks are going to be enforced when flying.

Offline Phil

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 09:17:48 AM »
Surely the first major hurdle is  “Will Turkey let the Brits in ?”

While our infection rate is still scary then I can’t see them allowing us in.

Next hurdle has to be Travel Insurance.

Whilst the UK government advice remains “avoid all unnecessary travel” all policies are void.

Until these two issues are resolved everything remains speculation

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 09:48:23 AM »
Nothing wrong with a bit of speculation though Phil :D

Offline Phil

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 10:09:03 AM »
Yep ! 

Because I am a curmudgeonly old fart my way of avoiding the onset of mild bouts of depression is to be boring and deal with the certainties.

Once I know I am not going (two flights already cancelled this year) then I can stop speculating about a cool beer on the prom and turn my attention to painting the garage door which the Domestic Manager asked me to do three years ago.

Somehow it lessens my pain dealing with it all one baby step at a time, ( boring I know ), but everyone will have their own therapies - any one else got any tips to get over Çalış Deprivation Syndrome ?

Offline suzyq

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 10:23:27 AM »
I feel for you Phil, I was sat in the sun yesterday with my eyes closed trying my hardest to imagine I was actually sat on surf beach, it worked for about 30seconds. I just hope that the bars and restaurants etc get enough visitors to try and rescue some of their season wherever they visit from. As much as I would like to visit later in the year I’m not sure I could cope with any extra hassle at the airport because it’s bad enough as it is. I have noticed that the flight I was on with Jet2 has disappeared and the one they are offering now returns at 2.30 in the morning, again a big no no for me. No one knows what is going to happen, some of us have a glass half empty and others a glass half full but as long as we all manage to get back to Calis at some stage that’s all that matters.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf