Author Topic: 12 days of Christmas 2021  (Read 7187 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: 12 days of Christmas 2021
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2022, 10:00:47 AM »
l thought l had chosen 7 swans a swimming

Hi - jan deli - you did chose number 7 but that had been randomly allocated to the second day.

I have messaged you.

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2022, 09:02:02 AM »
Following successfully filling 2 calendars and an inquiry from jan deli I am launching the 12 Days of Christmas Fundraiser 2021.

Same as last year - the amounts of £ 1 to £ 12.00 will be allocated randomly to the 12 days. If you take part you will be asked to contribute the amount allocated to that day.

Please choose a number to help the Calis Children's Charity's help under privileged kids in the Calis area.

Good morning, Highlander.
Congratulations on running another successful holiday giving drive with two Advent calendars and 12 Days of Christmas.

Is there a chance we can see the final totals and the results of the fundraising? I personally don't know if the money is given to the 3Cs for their distribution or if purchases are made and provided directly to the kids and/or schools. I recall some videos from a few years back where members took school supplies, games and toys to a rural school; truly heart-warming scenes but cannot remember if the event was from Christmas giving or from members adopting the school.

Anyway, given the increasing difficulty it seems in filling the dates some years, showing members the results of their (our) giving may encourage others to contribute and all of us to "dig a little deeper" every year.

Again, thanks for all you do to help the kids.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2022, 11:09:06 AM »
Thanks for your post hornedfrog.

We do publish the final totals every year. As you may have seen I am awaiting some donations which were pledged.

This is always difficult (and is even more so this year) because I never know people's personal circumstances at the time.

You may have seen that I would like to rap up this years total by tomorrow.

All of the money raised goes directly to the Charity and is distributed by them to deserving causes of which there are many.

I will try and get a brief list of these in 2021.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf