Author Topic: Any Ex Squaddies?  (Read 4515 times)

Offline Mark G

Any Ex Squaddies?
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 16:08:43 PM »
Hi, I served for seven years in the Artillery. Been out over twenty years now, but still keep in touch with many old comrades, and attend reunions every couple of years to see the old mates.

Mark.

Offline Jules1

Any Ex Squaddies?
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 21:21:56 PM »
Hi Mark
So do you reckon we could live off his 22 yr pension then??  Whereabouts are you in Turkey?
Julie :o))

Offline Mark G

Any Ex Squaddies?
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 18:15:58 PM »
Don't know Julie, I only did a few years myself before I got out, but somewhere on this forum there is a topic that talks about the fact that apparently you can live comfortably on £100 per week.

Me, I'm between Fethiye and Calis

Offline neildebs

Any Ex Squaddies?
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 19:08:50 PM »
My husband is in the RLC and will finish his 22yrs in 2 yrs from now. We have an apartment in Hisaronu and are thinking about retiring to turkey when he is 55, don't think the pension would be enough until then!

Offline irnbru630

Any Ex Squaddies?
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 01:13:05 AM »
hi jules im an ex squaddie and looking to move to turkey i have an army pension of £690 (tax free)per month so im hoping that is enough and is there a specific area that ex forces live..i was raoc  then rlc if anyone is interested  and did logistic management on resettlement

Offline Jules1

Any Ex Squaddies?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 00:48:17 AM »
Hi Irnbru
Is that Scottish Iron Brew made from Girders???  lol
If you can answer that question you must be as old as me, but then I guess if you are retired from the army you must be!
I dont' think there is a particular area that ex-squaddies live in Turkey, although their appears to be ex-pat area's all over the place.   Hisaronou and Calis seem to have a good population of ex-pats and possibly Ovacik, though not sure about other places in Turkey.
I suppose it's just a case of exploring different area's and finding one that suits you.
When are you thinking of moving out?   It will be at least 2 years for us yet because son is still in School.   From what I have heard on here you could live very comfortably on £690 a month for a couple.
Our place is in Calis.
Good luck in finding the right place.

Offline irnbru630

Any Ex Squaddies?
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 02:13:39 AM »
cheers jules its from girers yes and im retiring on my own ...pretty  sad but thats life
quote:
Originally posted by Jules1

Hi Irnbru
Is that Scottish Iron Brew made from Girders???  lol
If you can answer that question you must be as old as me, but then I guess if you are retired from the army you must be!
I dont' think there is a particular area that ex-squaddies live in Turkey, although their appears to be ex-pat area's all over the place.   Hisaronou and Calis seem to have a good population of ex-pats and possibly Ovacik, though not sure about other places in Turkey.
I suppose it's just a case of exploring different area's and finding one that suits you.
When are you thinking of moving out?   It will be at least 2 years for us yet because son is still in School.   From what I have heard on here you could live very comfortably on £690 a month for a couple.
Our place is in Calis.
Good luck in finding the right place.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf