Author Topic: Soma Mine disaster  (Read 1753 times)

Offline newmoon

Soma Mine disaster
« on: July 13, 2014, 21:41:44 PM »
On 13th May 2014, an explosion at a coal mine in Soma, Manisa, Turkey  caused an underground mine fire, which burned until 15th May in total, 301 people lost their lives in what was the worst mine disaster in Turkey's history. The cause is still under investigation.

A consequence of this is that many Families have lost their breadwinner and many children are now without a Father.
This group "Soma Tomorrow" has been set up by Kismet Bar's Nigel and Ian to support those families affected by this awful tragedy.
Through this group we hope to raise awareness, support and donations towards a better future for everyone there.
Every little thing you can do makes a big difference.
Please see our page Soma Tomorrow on Facebook. Thank you.x

Offline hubblebubbles

Re: Soma Mine disaster
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 20:31:48 PM »
I  very recently spoke with Mustafa Shikman  The Honorary British Consul in Fethiye and  I remarked at how many people are raising funds for this worthy cause . I said it would be interesting to know the total that has been raised so far as I know there have been many large collections for the relatives of the miners. I suggested they publish the figures raised which he has agreed to so hopefully there will be notification soon.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf