Author Topic: Another suicide bombing  (Read 3142 times)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Re: Another suicide bombing
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 15:51:21 PM »
Bursa is about 400 miles from Fethiye Barbara

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 17:04:04 PM »
This is what the Foreign & Commonwealth Office had to say today. Whilst not changing their overall Turkey advice they added:

"On 27 April 2016, there was a suspected suicide bomb attack at Bursa Ulu Mosque.  The bomber was killed and 7 people slightly injured. It’s not yet known who carried out the attack. Attacks are likely to target the Turkish state, civilians and demonstrations. Nevertheless, it’s increasingly likely that some attacks will also target western interests and tourism, as they did in Istanbul on 12 January and 19 March 2016. To date most attacks in Turkey have taken place in the south and east of the country and in Ankara and Istanbul.
Turkish authorities have successfully disrupted attack planning in the recent past.  The Turkish authorities have said that security has been tightened in response to recent attacks.  Nevertheless, further attacks are likely, could be indiscriminate and may target or affect places visited by foreigners."

Offline barbara-les

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 22:52:35 PM »
Thanks for letting me know. I am not good on places in turkey other than loockally to Chalis. Sorry  to say probally wont be over in relaxing Chalis till later in the year hopefully when Les has recovered from his health problems. Wish I could leave him and have a few days relaxing in the best place ever but that is not realy an option yet. Keep every thing crossed for me for a speedy recovery for him so we can come back soon.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf