Author Topic: New property rental regulations introduced.  (Read 7707 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
New property rental regulations introduced.
« on: October 25, 2016, 03:54:49 AM »
New regulations for property rental are being introduced due to the State of Emergency.

http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/19398-short-term-rentals-turkey-new-legislation.html

Offline SteveJ

Re: New property rental regulations introduced.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 08:39:57 AM »
The report starts with "If you rent out your Turkish holiday home" and continues "even to family or friends".

So if my daughter stays at my place but I don't charge her any rent (which I don't) the new regulations don't apply? Yes or No?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 09:01:58 AM »
Probably.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 09:37:17 AM »
The report starts with "If you rent out your Turkish holiday home" and continues "even to family or friends".

So if my daughter stays at my place but I don't charge her any rent (which I don't) the new regulations don't apply? Yes or No?

Yes they do as it's more to do with them wanting to know who is renting property due to terrorism - hence the state of emergency.

Of course they will also eventually look at the tax implications for those who rent out and don't pay any.

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 15:51:29 PM »
I understood from a few years ago that even if a relative was staying in an apartment with no fee being paid the authorities accepted it was a rental if tapu holder was not present. This was to clamp down on tax evasion.

Offline thebillet

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »
Wait till they wind of the Spanish approach where you have to pay tax even if you do not rent it out.
How much is the tax?
The tax is calculated as 24.75% of the “income” the Spanish authorities deem you could make renting out the property.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 12:06:40 PM »
The tax is calculated as 24.75% of the “income” the Spanish authorities deem you could make renting out the property.

Its actually not as bad as it sounds.  They calculate the "income" by taking 2% of the rateable value so if you had an apartment with a rateable value of €75,000, then you'd pay around €370 per annum - obviously if you were receiving an income rental then that would also be subject to tax.  This ruling applies only to non-resident owners.  The taxation system for resident owners is far different.

JF

Offline thebillet

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 18:25:31 PM »
Not as bad as it seems but unlikely to put a smile on the faces of property owners who are resident in e.g. UK.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 19:04:49 PM »
I don't think it bother folks too much, especially those that have bought properties built after 1994 (or whose rateable value was reassessed after then) as the figure used for those is only 1%.  So using my example they'd only pay round about €185 a year.  You also need to remember that the rateable value, like in Turkey, is rarely anywhere near the market value.

JF

Offline patrice

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 15:53:20 PM »

Yes they do as it's more to do with them wanting to know who is renting property due to terrorism - hence the state of emergency.

Of course they will also eventually look at the tax implications for those who rent out and don't pay any.
Does anyone know what the procedure is ;  do guest report to local police ???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf