Author Topic: Council Tax  (Read 4334 times)

Offline Big Dave

Council Tax
« on: April 12, 2016, 23:31:30 PM »
Last week I went to Uzumlu Belediye check how much our Council Tax will be this year. Seems like a reasonable 2.5% increase after last years massive 100% hike. I took our TAPU in for them to use as a reference for our account and they informed me that we must go to the TAPU office in Fethiye to get it changed because it needs to be updated after Fethiye/Mugla took over responsibilty for Uzumlu. In July/August last year Uzumlu was 'mapped' and as a consequence some of the information on our original TAPU has changed.

Today we went to the TAPU office which is in the Kaymakam Building next to Fethiye Belediye. We went up to the first floor and turned right and found the office on the right. We didn't make an appointment and there were no queues. Went to the window and gave them our original TAPU and said eski (old) The man did a few key strokes on his computor and printed off a new TAPU. I gave him some passport photos but he said they are not needed. His colleague put an official stamp on the TAPU and there were no charges. It took no more than 5 minutes. The changes are to the Pafta number, Ada number, Parcel number and date. It seems that our date is 21.08.2015 which is probably when they surveyed our road. So I guess anyone with a TAPU issued before July/August 2015 will need to get it changed.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Council Tax
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 08:50:01 AM »
That was nice and easy, and not just inexpensive but free.  Good news indeed ....... but am I becoming Turkish cynical when I think this cannot be it?  There is bound to be something that follows on from this that will be both painful and expensive??  Only time will tell, and I do hope I am wrong.  ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 11:07:34 AM »
Thanks for sharing Dave, I wonder if it applies to other areas too.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 13:43:45 PM »
but am I becoming Turkish cynical when I think this cannot be it? 

Yes, you are  :)

JF

Offline Big Dave

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 19:21:41 PM »
In this instance it is everyone in Uzumlu, locals and expats alike that are affected. There are other villages that were taken over by Mugla/Fethiye and if they have been 'mapped' or surveyed then the residents will need to have their TAPU's updated. As we all know the Council Tax was increased by 100% last year so hopefully we have seen the end of any more pain.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 23:17:59 PM »
We are in Calis and have to change ours when we come over as there were extra houses built on the street in the past couple of years

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf