Author Topic: Human Rights!  (Read 5734 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Re: Human Rights!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 14:45:03 PM »
I saw this and it made by blood boil.  Time this country stopped being governed by Europe.  Lets be big boys and girls and make our own decisions and stop letting Brussels intervene.
I have to agree Jacqui, I was so in favour of us entering Europe, and I believe to be fair for a long time
it benefited all Europe, but those days are gone now. The bureaucracy took over! Time to get the Bus and go home --- would get the train but line closed to help pay for the HST link  :)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 17:41:40 PM »
I always had doubts about this new section. I suspected it would like the "Grumpy" section but with the unfortunate absence of humour. Seems to turning out that way.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 18:38:01 PM »
Well perhaps on this particular subject we could be a bit more discuss than statement but generally
from what I have seen other subjects such as the Hijab and Poverty seem to be getting more discussion, not always to everyone's taste may be or personal views but that's Democracy for you!  :)

Offline madmart

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 19:33:04 PM »
Colwyn

No one is forcing you to click your mouse and have a look!

Offline jonuzumlu

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 20:09:41 PM »

Colwyn

No one is forcing you to click your mouse and have a look!
[/quote

I just love a bit of wit and repartee! Keep on clicking Colwyn   ;)

Offline mac2010

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 16:04:30 PM »
Bring back hanging. >:(

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 16:16:51 PM »
Hang back on bringing! [Funny face thingy]

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 13:26:18 PM »
Very rarely does a serious Criminal begin with murder, extortion etc. They start small, so it is there that the efforts of law enforcement need to be concentrated, what they now wrongly call petty crime. Zero tolerance, harsh penalties -- New York was once the most violent and crime ridden City in the World, Mayor Giuliani -- zero tolerance --- safe to walk in a lot of places now!

What is all this nonsense about lack of prisons? We have many remote Airfields, Army Camps that could be converted -- don't tell me you can keep people in them, we seemed to have managed in the 1940's around the World! To hell with their Human Rights on visits, "if you cant do the time don't do the crime"! I wonder what would happen to the drug issues in Prisons if a Prison Officer faced minimum 10 years in Jail and loss of every right, pensions etc. if caught passing or allowing drugs to be passed? Couldn't get all those drugs in without corrupt Prison Officers could they?

The issue is that "petty crime" such as vandalism -- excuse me, wilful destruction of property in my book and should have to fully compensate as well as serve appropriate sentence, Actual Bodily Harm -- assault and damage to a human being -- should do serious time minimum 5 years, Burglary 1st offence should be 5 years no parole! Why do children misbehave --- they are testing what they can get away with -- understanding their boundaries -- that is exactly what these potential hardened criminals do -- and they find us wanting!

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 13:31:00 PM »
Interesting topic!

I believe humankind has a built-in risk management function and this kicks in for all pre-meditated crime. Basically the criminal to be assesses the risk of getting caught and the consequences of punishment. If the risk is acceptable then he/she goes ahead and perpetrates the crime. Simples!

Since serious crime is on the increase we can therefore assume the criminals adjudge the consequences to be lenient enough not to deter them from committing the crime. Therefore the solution is quite simple. The consequences must far outweigh the benefit of the crime. We all hear of youths with a serial criminal records simply having community orders on top of community orders as punishment. This tap on the wrists for being naughty is no deterrent whatsoever so they continue.

This very simple yet unquestionable logic appears to be lost on the human rights brigade. Who are they anyway and when did I vote them in to such lofty power?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 14:38:57 PM »
the human rights brigade. Who are they anyway
They are a mythical creation of people who don't want to bother too much with civic realities and moral uncertainties and instead need someone to blame for whatever it is they dislike. Many of these people may be described as "right wing" but they are not limited to this label. The people branded as members of this mythical "brigade" may be identified as awkward buggers who point out things like "The UK already has the largest proportion of its population in prison of any European country and putting even more in there just seems to be doing more of the same rather than a solution" or "The USA has the highest proportion of its population in prison of any advanced industrial society and doesn't seem to be notably free of violence and crime". Damned nuisances these awkward buggers - take their human rights away!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf