Author Topic: First aid?????  (Read 4795 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: First aid?????
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 13:18:18 PM »
Maybe so - but what sort of a government passes a law that forbids emergency medical help to people who are specifically protesting against it? In some ways, that's even worse.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 13:28:32 PM »
A Turkish One !

I agree, it's totally wrong, but they don't mess about here, if the government don't like something it quickly becomes illegal. You won't find the Turkish government paying child benefit to immigrant families for children who are still resident in their native country, like the UK does for instance.

The problem to me seems to be that a lot of legislation here is very blinkered, the introduction may attempt to solve one problem but often creates many more.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 15:23:37 PM »
Also the protests were peaceful right the way from the start - the police attacked protesters in Gezi Park and then those who came to show their digust at their treatment. So this law basically says, if you come to protest peacefully, and our police attack you with gas/water cannon/rubber bullets, you will not only get hurt, but we will ensure you stay hurt.

Barbaric.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 15:37:06 PM »
Maybe so - but what sort of a government passes a law that forbids emergency medical help to people who are specifically protesting against it? In some ways, that's even worse.

A government that feels it is not in control.

This type of punitive behaviour happens everywhere in many aspects of life. I bet there aren't many people who haven't experienced the unreasonable dictates of bosses in the work place. Confident people, managers, governments don't need to behave this way.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 16:04:40 PM »
The difference is that we work for bosses - we do not work for governments. Incredible to believe but governments work for us!

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 16:45:33 PM »
Or the governments families. !

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 16:53:47 PM »
Incredible to believe but governments work for us!

Unfortunately I don't believe this to be true; more like themselves, their bank balances, the bank balances of their friends and anyone else that helps them line their own pockets.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 21:08:15 PM »
I have asked before, in another thread, but why, oh why does none of what Erdogan has done, is doing, or contriving to do, ever get the slightest coverage on the News channels in the U.K. ?? 
If someone farts out of key in deepest, darkest Timbukwhatever, all the bloody news agencies in the world are clamouring to get "first dibs" on the story, but, send armed police into the streets to beat up, and kill your own countrymen/women, or, single handedly turn his governments back on blatant theft/backhanders, and nada, zip, zifir, nowt !! Why? Does he have  something on world news agencies ??

Offline busybee

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 06:33:58 AM »
I dont know why either....In the height of Gezzi the BBC sent their reporter, which was televised in the UK.  To get into Turkey, as an official reporter, film and report probably is no easy feat.  Most of the reports come thru a third party, Twitter, internet news stations, social media, which he condemns, with a vengeance.  Al Jazzera manages it?  When any reports do reach outside of Turkey, he slams them with ludicrous explanations.   He is Turkeys ruler, changes laws, to suit his power path and basically says to the world, this is Turkey and its got nothing to do with you.  The outside world takes note, watches and tread on eggshells, for fear of upsetting this unique country in the East. IMO

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 14:20:19 PM »
Al Jazeera is unique in that rather than send in a news anchor to a country when something is happening they actually employ people/citizens of the country who live there. This is why their reporting often has the edge on most other news channels.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf