Author Topic: Is it time to sell up?  (Read 15715 times)

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
Re: Is it time to sell up?
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2014, 08:06:50 AM »
As for staying or going, I'm not going anywhere. If I have to live under a corrupt regime I'd rather live in this one than the one in the UK!

Oh good.  However your facebook page may take on a whole different (covered) complexion    :)

JF

Sorry all, my fault. Thanks Scunner, your right I didnt read the whole topic.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2014, 08:15:45 AM »
We are assuming the tourist industry in Turkey is of no value then?

It pays to read the whole topic sometimes Tiggsy

The next year or so will be interesting and whatever the outcome there will still be a tourist industry in the south and south west of the country - way too much money invested by folks with influence and positions of power (irrespective of governing party) for it to disappear. 

Or quite figured out the reply with quote facility   ;)  :D  :o

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2014, 09:39:19 AM »
Going back to the UK , and the way the UK  is fast changing, with mass uncontrolled immigration and the speed of  islamification  worries in the  UK, and other european countries... ( example....Mohammod is  now the most popular of new born boys christian names in the UK  and  not just in the London area )  you might be better off staying put in the touristy south western areas of Turkey , as was mentioned in an above post .. less of the islamification .

I just feel sorry for my children and grandchildren .. having to grow up and live in a fast changing  UK  that is no longer the country I  loved for most of my life ... for them there is no escape from the changes that are fast happening  :-[     

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 10:20:47 AM »
Very confusing if "Mohammod" is the most popular Christian name. It is political correctness interfaith dialogue gone mad!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:42:19 AM by Colwyn »

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 11:12:07 AM »
We are assuming the tourist industry in Turkey is of no value then?

It pays to read the whole topic sometimes Tiggsy

The next year or so will be interesting and whatever the outcome there will still be a tourist industry in the south and south west of the country - way too much money invested by folks with influence and positions of power (irrespective of governing party) for it to disappear. 

Or quite figured out the reply with quote facility    ;)  :D  :o

: :) I have now, thanks Nichola.   ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 11:13:43 AM »
Neither Mohammed or Muhammed are in the top ten. You been reading the Daily Hate Mail Sleuth   ;)

http://www.ukbabynames.com/boys/top

Offline scorcher

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2014, 11:23:09 AM »
And here was I thinking it was Lance.  ;D

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2014, 11:37:47 AM »
Nichola...  I  dont have to read it in the papers to see whats happening in the UK ...   the internet is full of  informative forums  on the subject. Most are truthful and quite shocking.  Just for starters  google PAUL WESTON or better is to check him out on `you tube`  and view and listen to his honest intelligent  comments and predictions for the UK  ( particularly  ` I am not racist` video )   then tell me I  am mis informed.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2014, 12:44:49 PM »
Nichola...  I  dont have to read it in the papers to see whats happening in the UK ...   the internet is full of  informative forums  on the subject. Most are truthful and quite shocking.  Just for starters  google PAUL WESTON or better is to check him out on `you tube`  and view and listen to his honest intelligent  comments and predictions for the UK  ( particularly  ` I am not racist` video )   then tell me I  am mis informed.

But at least admit you were wrong! It's nowhere near the top name for boys.

As to where the UK is going - I don't see how that affects whether people sell up in Turkey or not. Especially if it's a holiday home they own. For those who live there then there are plenty of other countries they can live in that don't involve coming back here - if they want out that is.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 13:31:57 PM »
I've absolutely no science to back this statement up, but based on conversations we have with close friends and many of the ex-pats we speak with on a day to day basis, I wouldn't think more than 1% have "selling up and leaving" at the forefront of their minds.

For the first two years here, I (maybe naively) made a conscious effort to avoid what was going on politically, what's that saying about Ignorance is bliss? Of late and mainly because of the terrorism happening in Syria and Iraq, I wanted to understand more about Turkey's attitude to I.S. but in the process, I've become a little more aware of the complicated agenda of one RTE.

The conclusion is my life hasn't changed one bit since becoming aware of RTE, surely he was active lets say five years ago. Maybe he's taken a recent dramatic turn towards eradicating the secular culture and installing a purely Islamist agenda? But hey, many Brits live happily in countries that are far less liberal than here, their wives or daughters are not required to wear scarves or the hijab and believe me, good friends of mine who work in the construction industry in countries where alcohol is banned, easily circumvent prohibition.

I don't think any country is perfect, I know the UK is far from from perfect. I could live in Spain, Portugal, Thailand, Hong Kong, Australia, China or Canada where we have friends and family and as I'm not a prisoner here, I may exercise one of those options in the future, but in the meantime we intend to carry on enjoying what one contributor described very eloquently as the  'Fethiye Bubble'

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf