Author Topic: Casting the Detective  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Casting the Detective
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 18:16:46 PM »
John Hannah as Rebus was another mistake
Quite agree. Couldn't watch the series as it was not credible enough to hold my attention.

Offline Harmless

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 14:36:56 PM »
Derek Jacobi as Cadfael, I could not watch the tv series when it was on, just for that fact.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 15:42:16 PM »
Despite internet rumours of his death last month, Robbie Coltrane is very much alive and kicking.

His excellent portrayal as the flawed character "Fitz" in "Cracker" showed that he can do more than a semi - comedy act  e.g. the James Bond films.

Not wholly sure he has what it takes" to play Maigret but surely a better choice (for me, anyway) than Rowan Atkinson!

Perhaps, if you'd never read any of the books, Atkinson will come across well and will undoubtedly do a professional job.

I really can't see him doing it with a turkey on his head a la Bean but I'd watch the films.

Was it Mario Puzo who, when asked what he thought of the first "Godfather" film replied that it was like watching his prize bull being turned into a stock cube?

Maigret/Don Vito Corleone - same meat, different gravy (again, pun intended).

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 17:00:26 PM »
I was disappointed by many of the cast in the recent series of Bosch, Michael Connelly's LA detective Harry Bosch.  Its not that they were bad actors or that the series was bad, it was simply that I did not recognise them as looking anything like what I expected on the screen, well in my minds eye from Connellys description in the many 'Bosch' books. 

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 17:04:05 PM »
If you have a Kindle you might be interested in the current offer of Harry Bosch books for £1.99. I bought one earlier today.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 17:09:19 PM »
I've done all the Harry B books now ..... sadly.  I eagerly await the next Bosch, or indeed Lincoln Lawyer, book, as I do any Bernard Cornwell, or Shardlake the Lawyer.

Offline Troy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 06:23:49 AM »
How the hell can Mr Bean intimidate suspects with his huge bear-like presence? Ridiculous!

Not ridiculous. How could Hugh Laurie play an idiot in "Blackadder" and then the intimidating doctor in "House"?

Rowan Atkinson will pull it off. And we will be as surprised at his transformation as we were with Hugh Laurie's.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf