Author Topic: Lapis sitesi  (Read 4983 times)

Offline Louz

• Newly Registered
Lapis sitesi
« on: August 23, 2018, 20:30:56 PM »
Hi,

I am looking at a GF apartment on Lapis and am wondering if anyone on here has property on this site, and can tell me whether in general they are happy with it?

I previously had an apartment near Blueberry hotel, but it had damp issues, and with it being sealed up for several months at a time it was something that I could not manage; regretfully I had to sell.

The Lapis apartment doesn't look like it has these issues, but as I have learnt, this doesn't prove anything.

Any feedback from current or previous Lapis site owners would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.   

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
Re: Lapis sitesi
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 01:08:22 AM »
Hi Louz,

We're on Lapis and more than happy with our place.

There are a couple of friendly Turkish families living there all year round - good for security and dealing with site management issues in the local language.

Although there are 22 apartments in the site, I've never seen more than half occupied at any one time so everyone gets a good amount of space around the pool.

Feel free too PM me if your have any other questions and if your do buy make sure you come and say 'Hi' if we're out at the same time, that's normally an Efes or two in the fridge! We're next out for the last week of September if you happen to be too.

Offline Louz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 09:22:03 AM »
Hi Ian and Sian

Thanks so much for getting back to me. That all sounds good :-)

We are going out at the beginning of September unfortunately so won't catch you but if all goes well I may see you there one day!

Have you ever experianced damp issues in your apartment? I just had such a bad experianced with my other place that now I'm super paranoid that all flats there have this issue. It was so bad that the batteries used to rust in the air con remotes!

Thanks again

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 14:57:53 PM »
when we first moved in to Waterside we had quite a bit of damp we brought over a dehumidifier and Olga of inturturk estates (who looks after our apartment) used to go round and switch it on after any heavy rain fall at the time that used to do the trick once the upstairs flat was occupied all year round we don't seem to have any damp barring once when we had a leak in an outside cupboard that penetrated our bedroom wall, unfortunately because they are only occupied for a few weeks of the year you will get damp problems and for me the only sure way to solve it is to have some one open and close windows on a regular bases and if need be use a dehumidifier.
Most properties are not built for the rainy/damp conditions in the winter   

Offline Louz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 15:45:47 PM »
Thanks Trainer, I think I was a bit unlucky before, bits of plaster used to actually fall off the internal walls when I wasn't there, it was heart breaking to come back for a holiday and walk into that. Clothes had to be thrown out due to mould, and the situation was just getting worse over time. Someone could make a fortune selling DPC!

Offline GlennB

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 18:29:45 PM »
Can’t use DPC as when there’s a bit of an earthquake the building would just slide of the concrete base, I bought on Lapis off plan and despite the fact that mine is for sale I love the place, unfortunately family situation has changed and I will no longer be able to retire to Turkey

Offline Louz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 18:37:54 PM »
Ah right that does make sense! I did wonder why it wasn't used. That's a shame that you have to sell but I hope you still enjoy your retirement and can have holidays without work interrupting

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 19:13:34 PM »
I know/knew all the builders out there and there is a massive difference in quality and also priorities. There is damp caused by poor construction and there is damp caused by poor air circulation/ventilation.

In my (humble) opinion, the construction of Lapis and sister complexes was of excellent quality. I'd buy one myself! Well if I had a spare 60k or so :D

Offline Louz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 20:22:15 PM »
Thanks Scunner, yes you can see the differences, well I can now I am symptom spotting for problems. My old apartment was not good quality unfortunately, which I discovered over time. I brought it brand new so...yer, I was had really.

Lapis and sister complexes look superior, I just wanted to check that it wasn't just clever decorating and landscaping! You have confirmed what I hoped was the case. Many thanks :-)

Offline sadler

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 20:31:40 PM »
Dare I ask, what is DCP?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf