Author Topic: 2017 Season looking dire  (Read 34112 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: 2017 Season looking dire
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2017, 18:56:17 PM »
The small risk could be that IF the hotel rep finds out your not at the package booked hotel could not your return flight tickets be revoked?

I just wonder is there a "bigger" risk under the new security regulations. Just a thought.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2017, 19:07:16 PM »
Shouldn't be, I think they register with the passports they take first night - no show no passport

Offline Fran

« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2017, 19:34:17 PM »
We have been down five  times around 9.30pm to eat  have not seen the toy guys and we had to go to the Dawn Beach to see the flower seller, as we were looking for him each night. When we asked in one restaurant we were told that Willie Thorne is finding it difficult to carry the flowers around now, but we can always get him at his pitch at Dawn Beach.  We will look out for him next week when I need my next flower fix. What time do you see him around the restaurants? perhaps he does not go too far. George's told us they never see him now.
Have not seen the boys with the scales yet.
Because we had a two year old with us we ate out early, saw him  down by the Lukka bar and on the front. The toy men we saw most nights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2017, 21:59:06 PM »
Wow Blueclad thank you for that, that is a great idea, not because im desperate to go to Marmaris but iv never been and have heard that there is some lovely scenery there...we could book a holiday and maybe stay a week or whatever and then head to Calis...my lovely hubby retires end of week so we are going to have more of that precious thing called time...We both have medical apointments mid June hence why we were just going to go to Benidorm or somewhere with short flight before Calis....  :)

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2017, 06:30:27 AM »
We just arrived back from a 2 day AI break at Sun City Hotel Hisaronu...... May 2016  only 70% occupants......   May 2017  down to 40% ..  and yes Hisaronu and Ovacik very quiet..... quieter than last year even  ???
So what was all that talk in the press .. English and Turkish.. about UK  visitors on the increase this year ?   it cant be true

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2017, 06:31:39 AM »
Woops,  mean`t  Sun City Hotel  in Olu Deniz  of course

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2017, 07:49:30 AM »
We were back in Ovacik and Hisaronu yesterday, for an appointment with Goldfinger.   The Manager was saying that he has plenty of Weddings lined up for the coming year and had a big one coming in on Friday (today). 
Although he did say there were less tourists this year up to now.  We and one other lady, were the only ones in there for around 1.30hours.   However, had wonderful attention and they have a great new hairdresser, I was very pleased with my hair.
We went down to Hisaronu to visit our favourite shop Anadolu el Sanatiari. Love that shop, beautiful things in there and the brother and sister owners are such nice people.  Never miss that place and they have some lovely new stock in.  They did tell us up to now they are doing well and always get return business every year.  I know this is because their shop is unique in Hisaronu.
We did note that Hisaronu, again was quiet and there was more hassle than usual, every place we went pased wanted to give us a brochure or ask us to come in.  We were polite to them all, as they must be worried.
Had a really nice lunch and it was very cheap.
I hope the situation improves over the year.   I know speaking to so people they are hoping for last minute bookings.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2017, 21:20:46 PM »
We had a lovely meal tonight at the White man Restaurant in Hisaronu tonight, then had a walk through the centre , ,it was about 10 of clock , it was quite pitiful, the place was deserted almost.,,,sadly it seems to be dying..  another bad season it seems :-(

Offline yabanci

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2017, 12:14:50 PM »
Unfortunately numbers from Europe still down - major increase is Russians, who traditionally head for Alanya and Antalya.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf