Author Topic: Can anyone help? Postal and Apartments  (Read 3969 times)

Offline Emvs2002

Can anyone help? Postal and Apartments
« on: January 07, 2008, 21:34:05 PM »
I normally live in Fethiye but come back to England in July for a few weeks but needed to stay longer so because of this i have bought quiet alot of stuff and want to take it back with me when i come home in Febuary but its to much for a suitcase.

Does anyone know of either a delivery service or a good postal service that i could arrange to move my things over. Its mainly clothes (a hell of alot) and my daughters toys to small for a container but to large for my suitcase.

Also im looking at moving out of my current rental apartment and looking for a new one no more tan 350ytl a month fully furnished.

Any help on either of these would be fanastic.

Thanks

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 22:13:03 PM »
Hi,

It may be worth contacting the airline you are travelling with and asking about pre-booking extra weight or cargo. I would assume you are on Onur or FTC (because it is February) and to be honest don't know if they can do it, but it's worth a phone call.

DHL are supposed to be OK, having said that when I had something delivered here from the UK they passed it to a local delivery company and it was never seen again.

Offline maria

• Alfreton, UK
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 09:55:04 AM »
you cant pre book extra baggage with onur as I tried coming over at xmas. I ended up having to pay 140 pounds for 35kg.

maaria x

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 10:01:21 AM »
Was that £140 for an extra 35kg Maria? That is actually a pretty competitive rate for that weight of goods (to get it from UK to Turkey). I doubt DHL could do it for that.

That may be the most competitive answer. Having said that, if you are on FTC 35kg at £6/kg is £210 - they will charge every last gram, Onur tend to be a little more compassionate.

Offline Emvs2002

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 11:03:12 AM »
i'll be flying with flythomascook.com they fly at least once a week. I dont think i will be able to manage the train down to Gatwick as i have way more than 35kg, i come over with that in July so i know there is no way i can go back with what i've got. One of my daughtes toys is a bratz party bus and its HUGE. I think i may need either a small transit van or a very cheap postal services which deals with large packages.

I've been surfing the net for either one but not coming up with much luck. As i dont know how heavy everything is or how big the boxes will be im having problems getting a round figure for the price it might cost me to send over.

Sometimes i wish i was born a man so i wouldnt have a need to over spend than i wouldnt have this problem :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 11:11:06 AM »
You think men don't overspend?? We love overspending :D

Your other alternative is to find someone moving out and chat them up into letting you take a corner of their container.

Offline Emvs2002

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 12:41:46 PM »
Just looked at the DHL website and im so confused. I thought i'd out in for the biggest box i could and maximum weight for 3 boxes and it came up with over £8000  :o oh my god. I could hire i private jet for that.

Oh flythomascook.com are now flying twice a week Monday and Thursday there prices are good to for this time of year.

Thing about finding aomeone who is moving to Turkey is i wont know them or should i trust them. It'll be like looking for a needle at olu deniz.

I'm going to quietly go mad in a corner so thank you for helping me

Offline Jock

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 13:20:12 PM »
Do you really need to bring all the stuff over on this journey? Do you not have any friends or family travelling over later in the year that could perhaps bring some of it over for you?

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 14:45:47 PM »
A friend of mine moved out this year and flew with Onur.She had to bite the bullet on the excess luggage charges, which ended up costing more than the flight.That hurt a bit! Still she saw it all on and off the plane and didnt need to rely on anyone else bringing it or risk it being lost. Suppose it depends on your priorities .

Offline Emvs2002

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 22:05:04 PM »
does anyone know the number for onur air and i will try and call them and ask how much, i guess i could try and get rid of a few things but my daughter got alot of christmas presents this year so really wanted to take them all with me.

Jock no i dont have anyone that will be coming over i normally come to england to see them all.

Thanks for all your help

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf