Author Topic: Kas to Meis  (Read 5798 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Kas to Meis
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 18:49:57 PM »
in the second pic, who are the two folks in the foreground looking across the bay?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Kas to Meis
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 19:10:47 PM »
:D

They are putting far to much chemicals in their pool

Offline mikew

Kas to Meis
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 08:08:13 AM »
Certainly looks like Hilda Ogden & Auntie Wainright from the back or is it Ena Sharples/

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Kas to Meis
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 08:25:08 AM »
Went over to Meis with Selo end of Feb and had just over two hours there, enough time for a walk round, a couple of bottles of Mythos and the duty free shop. The nice touch was a box of red wine on the table in the back of the boat for us provided by Selo!. Somehow I found myself in charge of topping up everyones glasses (and my own of course!:D[^] apart from the necessity of renewing my visa, it was a really good day out!
Pete

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Kas to Meis
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 11:06:45 AM »
Selo's recently increased the price of the boat trip to 40 YTL. Still very good value though.

Offline victoria

Kas to Meis
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 18:47:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KayaKoyuOldBoy

Selo's recently increased the price of the boat trip to 40 YTL. Still very good value though.

If anyone is driving down to Kas next Thurs 5 June I would like a lift and will contribute of course. I have to be in Kas for 10 am to get the ferry to Meis.

Offline brianthegardener

Kas to Meis
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 19:28:07 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals....a word of warning on the Mais trip.....I went in May to renew my visa and was confronted by an arrogant customs officer....he told me off big style for bringing meat into Kas from Mais......I was told he was a new officer from Ankara " the Boss"....be warned HE means buisness....maybe i was the unlucky one to be stopped, there were 20 others on the trip.The law does state that no meat products should be brought into this country...."the Boss" intends to enforce it!!!!!:(

Offline Stressed Eric

Kas to Meis
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 07:28:01 AM »
Hubby's doing his trip to Meis to renew his visa, sometime between the 8th and 10th of July. He has room for 2 more persons in the car if anyone wants to share the costs of getting to Kas?? Please Email us if you're interested.

Offline brianthegardener

Kas to Meis
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 09:36:40 AM »
The cost of the bus fair to Kas has gone up ...its now 12ytl each way.
The boat fare has gone up to from 35ytl to 40 ytl, the visa is still 15 euros...........with the increases its still a good day out and worth every lira :D

Brian.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf