Author Topic: Cat to turkey  (Read 5283 times)

Offline scareylady

• Yes, she is...
Cat to turkey
« on: July 23, 2005, 18:14:25 PM »
Hi everyone

Does anyone know a good company that will sort out getting our cat across on the final one way journey????

Any idea of the costs involved??

Offline Dippey

Cat to turkey
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 20:11:27 PM »
When our cat went on its one way journey, we stuck it in a black bag and threw it in the wheelie bin - no cost.

Edit again, forgot smilily ;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 20:12:05 PM by Dippey »

Offline Dippey

Cat to turkey
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 20:25:22 PM »
Seriously. We are taking our cats over next year and have found details and been told that you can take them on the plane as normal luggage. Use the search option you might find more info on it.

Dipps

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
Cat to turkey
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 22:05:49 PM »
Hi Scary,we brought our cats over with Airpets Oceanic 01753 685571, they arranged all the paperwork, boarded them for a week while we moved out then put them on the plane, all we had to do was make sure all injections up to date including rabies and collect them at the other end.
This was two years ago so things may have changed but there was a lot of paperwork involved, ie Defra,vets and export permission, rabies jab and check up by vet 15 days or less from departure thats why we let Airpets handle that side of things.There are other companies doing pet transport but we couldnt find one that done the paperwork as well,again things may have changed.
We travelled out with MyTravel as the cats needed to travel in a heated hold and they were the only company with planes with heated holds at that time.They were on the same plane as us and arrived safe and sound and are still living happily ever after in Turkey .

A quick ps to jthITLER 8) (see General Calis Beach Questions & Information\big hole!!!) i hope this message is not to trivial for your superior intellect and i am doing my best to get a life and i will also do my best not to make friends on this board and i will try not to have any thoughts or opinions you disagree with.[xx(]

Sorry folks but in my opinion jthITLER is a sad git and should perhaps look into getting a life himself.: :): :):P

Offline penguin

Cat to turkey
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 22:15:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Dippey

When our cat went on its one way journey, we stuck it in a black bag and threw it in the wheelie bin - no cost.

Edit again, forgot smilily ;)

Dippey
I hope you don`t do the same with Penguin`s

8): :) 8): :)

Offline scareylady

• Yes, she is...
Cat to turkey
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 12:28:24 PM »
Thanks for the number Smudge, all sorted and soooo easy.

Offline n/a

• deleted
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 19:06:04 PM »
You don't need to bring penguins to Turkey you can find at least one in Koycegiz !!!!! who seems to want us to believe that penguins live in the UK!!! as well as making no sense being on this forum but only to make stupid comments and try to incense people!!!!

Offline Linda1953

Cat to turkey
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 19:04:37 PM »
Smudge can you say how much this cost you in total?

Lin

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
Cat to turkey
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 21:21:48 PM »
Total cost for everything as stated above for two cats was approx £800, remember this was nearly three years ago so prices could have changed.

Offline janmack

Cat to turkey
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 22:33:25 PM »
We moved here last year.  One german shepherd and two cats...allow £1000

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf