Author Topic: Shipping out stuff  (Read 5844 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Shipping out stuff
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 16:47:15 PM »
You need to type your bit UNDER the quote, not IN IT

Offline Firo

Shipping out stuff
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 22:11:53 PM »
It depends on the quality of furniture you have whether it's worth shipping it over. If it's good quality then ship it over.If it's cheap and cheerful it's not worth bringing over.
We shipped our stuff over here because we couldn't match the quality or choice in Turkey and it was, for us, the right decision. Container, taxes, bungs and door to door delivery in 2007 was about £4000.
If you want to make it a permanent export then you will need a residence permit, if not then you can end up having to pay extra taxes on an annual basis for a temporary export and under that premise you must take everything you imported back with you if and when you leave, even if it's broken.
Fi

Offline Chinook

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 18:10:08 PM »
quote:
phone number of Ozcan Soyer International. We used him in Turkey, but should have used him all the way!

Cannot praise Ozcan enough. We sent our furniture through a UK shipper and the first we heard from Ozcan was when the ship docked at Izmir. He continued to be proactive until the shipment arrived at our house even though the UK shippers had renaged on their contract. Whatever the shippers had paid him it was not enough.

His E mail is : ozcansoyer@soyer.com.tr and his telephone number is 0232 425 77 72
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 18:18:07 PM by Chinook »

Offline mavigoz

Shipping out stuff
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 09:01:19 AM »
Like Firo, we too shipped everything from the UK as most of our stuff was pretty new and expensive and we could not find the same here in Turkey at a reasonable price.
We used DOlphin from Enfield who packed us up in the uk then we were handled by Mr Soyer in Izmir.
All in it was not a difficult process and we are glad we did it.
Its all down to personal tastes but i do not like most of the furniture here anyway and prefer to have something a bit different in my home.
It also gave us the chance to stock up on things we knew were expensive here and bring them all in one big container.
Good luck on whatever you decide to do !

Offline kizkucuk

Shipping out stuff
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 10:54:43 AM »
Hiya - see the other thread aboutthe changes in laws from 12.11.09 - you cannot import unless you have residency but there have been other changes too - my stuff is due to arrive in Izmir this week and due to length of time I have spent in the country this year I am going to have to leave for the day and come back in once my stuff arrives.  Haven't shipped loads - used Bonners in the Uk as lots of people didn;t want to collect from Swansea - am updating the thread with my progress :-)  Not too stressed yet and not regretting it yet........but this time next week I may feel differntly - have not shipped much furniture and have found things very cheap here and delivered the following day not like UK when you order and wai 6 weeks :-)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Shipping out stuff
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 11:43:18 AM »
You had to wait til the following day......that's awful! Best we have done is "wait while we load the lorry and we will take you back to your house"[^] but another time we did have to wait an hour and a half!:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf