Author Topic: Proof of visa requirement  (Read 11581 times)

Offline philrose

Re: Proof of visa requirement
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2019, 08:28:57 AM »

How ever a short while back Turkey announced that you could no longer buy a visa at the turkish airport like you could before, so if you now arrive in Turkey without a valid visa you will be turned away

True, except according to the member who posted earlier (and was denied boarding), you can still buy it on arrival.
Strange since according to the news all evisa kiosks were closed back in October??

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2019, 10:04:25 AM »
Passengers take all manor of things onto the aeroplane - newspapers, books, hand held devices, food and drink etc. etc.

So what's the problem with taking a paper copy of their visa.  ???

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2019, 10:37:31 AM »
Travelling to a new country (or one you don't know well) I am sure people who will have been told by their travel agent/airline they need a visa will obtain and print it off.

So it may well be people who visit regularly who suddenly realised they don't even ask to see it and stopped printing it off.

And if new visitors weren't told, nothing has changed really with the airlines checking at departure airport - they wouldn't be getting through at the Turkish airport end previously, now it is just happening earlier.

Offline marina

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2019, 11:06:23 AM »
Ever since they introduced the e-visa I've always printed copies of ours and taken them with us, kept with passports. As yet we've never been asked to produce them but in the event that we do they'll be there. Can't see what the problem is really if it might be the difference between going, or not going, on holiday.
We have friends who are going to Calis and Turkey for the first time this summer. We've told them all about the visa issue and they are quite happy to print theirs off.

Offline Andy W

• Newly Registered
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2019, 20:38:42 PM »
Last June we forgot to take our visas with us, when we landed in Dalaman the security, took our passports disappeared for a couple of minutes came back and waved us through. To this I assume that they can check on the Turkish visa web site that you have a current visa.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2019, 05:53:35 AM »
To this I assume that they can check on the Turkish visa web site that you have a current visa.

See reply #36.  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2019, 18:09:41 PM »
Just received the “it’s nearly time to fly to Dalaman email from easyJet. Section on ‘Important Information ‘ for travelling to Dalaman.

No mention of needing to print off your visa. In fact, no mention that you even need a visa.

Offline Wasp0

• It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2019, 19:09:41 PM »
Just received the “it’s nearly time to fly to Dalaman email from easyJet. Section on ‘Important Information ‘ for travelling to Dalaman.

No mention of needing to print off your visa. In fact, no mention that you even need a visa.

Different on my QueasyJet Important info........

Online Ally B

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2019, 07:14:41 AM »
We flew from Edinburgh on tuesday,no one at the airport asked for a visa and it was the same in Dalaman. At Edinburgh before boarding they announced a visa was needed but there was no check.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2019, 12:56:04 PM »
Text message from easyJet

STILL not giving accurate information about being prevented from flying UK side if you don’t have a hard copy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf