Author Topic: Proof of visa requirement  (Read 11539 times)

Offline bells

Re: Proof of visa requirement
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2019, 09:01:11 AM »
Same here.  I have always printed a copy.  We had this checked for the first time when we went to Turkey at Christmas.

Offline Wasp0

• It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2019, 12:33:55 PM »
Not quite sure what all the fuss is about. get a Visa, Show your piece of paper Job Done, no hardship!

Let's face it getting into Turkey is a breeze compared to the States (Certain Airports are insanely stupid to go through immigration (JFK/LGA, O'hare, Jackson and the worst of all Panama City) from my very recent business trip experience.

Accept it or just don't travel!

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2019, 14:46:52 PM »
try Houston & Atlanta bloody nightmare

Offline Wasp0

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2019, 15:12:19 PM »
Yes Jackson is Atlanta, bad but noting to beat Panama City International Airport!

Believe me, Istanbul or Dalaman is a breeze!

Offline cassie5

• Newly Registered
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2019, 15:57:51 PM »
we were in dalaman last year and were never asked too show our visas but we had copies of them if we needed to provide them,i reckon when you show your passport at security in dalaman it will show that youve aquired a visa.

Offline Wasp0

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2019, 16:10:53 PM »
we were in dalaman last year and were never asked too show our visas but we had copies of them if we needed to provide them,i reckon when you show your passport at security in dalaman it will show that youve aquired a visa.

Yes this has been the case for a long time, your passport shows the officer at passport control in Dalaman/Istanbul/Turkey in general, that you have a valid visa. How ever a short while back Turkey announced that you could no longer buy a visa at the turkish airport like you could before, so if you now arrive in Turkey without a valid visa you will be turned away and it will be the flight company who flew you out to get you back to your country of departure.

Soo Airlines, to avoid this hassle, cost, inconvenience are now starting to check if you have a valid visa BEFORE you get on the flight from UK.

IMHO, a VERY sensible thing to do, and i can't see an issue with this, as this falls into line with a lot of countries and their entry restrictions.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2019, 17:08:10 PM »

Yes it does. And their computer system, when it's working properly, will bring up every entry and exit over the past 20 years. It records names, DoBs, visa issue dates, entry, exit, and even allows for new passport numbers after renewal. Very Big Brother.  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2019, 18:53:58 PM »

How ever a short while back Turkey announced that you could no longer buy a visa at the turkish airport like you could before, so if you now arrive in Turkey without a valid visa you will be turned away

True, except according to the member who posted earlier (and was denied boarding), you can still buy it on arrival.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2019, 23:50:45 PM »
We returned from a 2 week holiday in the UK on Friday and flew into Dalaman from Manchester airport with Thomas Cook.

We were asked for proof of visa purchase at the check in desk. As we are residents of Turkey, we showed our residency permits (ikamet), they were scrutinised and handed back without any problems.

We spoke to a couple of other passengers in the airport who told us that they had seen a family refused clearance at check-in as they had neither paper or electronic copies of their visas but had stated they had all purchased them. The airport staff in Manchester explained to the family that they were unable to access the Turkish visa system and see any visa purchasing and so needed to see proof of purchase from the passenger.

On arrival at Dalaman, the visa booth was closed and unmanned.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2019, 08:05:38 AM »
I believe there are going to a lot more folk turned away from boarding this season for failing to show a copy of their visas, there have been some really horrid comments on various groups on fb about how people should know they should have it etc.
The thing is with this in this day of technology  there must be a printer somewhere within uk airports if you have your visa in your email still it wouldn’t hurt for the airline to offer people access to a printer to print if off, it could so easily be sorted.
Iv read about families with children not being able to have their holiday because of this situation must be soo very disappointing and frustrating for all concerned.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf